Tweny Six Flavors, I'm Set For Life

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Tweny Six Flavors, I'm Set For Life

Post by Ouchmychin »

Whooee!! a couple days ago I got the package. Opened it up and inside were 26 sample vials of EDTs and EDCs that I never could have purchased at retail. Got most of the Floris line, the top Penthalians, a few Trumpers, including Spanish Leather and a few others that I'm not familiar with.. All thanks to the Buy and Sell forum here. Today I'm wearing Floris Santal. I really like the heavy Oriental spice scent. Even my wife likes it worn in moderation. Got a couple of female Floris scents that I gave to her. Still to be seen if she will wear them. This way I can sample every day for a month and repeat for several years worth. What fun.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Tweny Six Flavors, I'm Set For Life

Post by Squire »

Sounds good Pete, let us know how you like them.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Good show, Pete!...enjoy. I'll be interested to hear which ones you especially like.
Regards,
Gordon
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today I tried Floris Limes. Really liked that. Subtle, with a musty lime that was very pleasant. My wife also like it. This one is a keeper. Yesterday I tried 127 and didn't find much to like. Very short life. So far most of the Floris scents I have tried lasted about 2 hours and then faded to oblivion. The exception was Santal which lasted a long time. Nice black pepper after a while. As I said I liked the mysterious eastern opening.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

My take on Limes, 127 and Santal are the same as yours Pete.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

FWIW, my take on the current ( at least I think it was the current ) Floris Lime is that it was a tad too 'feminine' for my taste. I like the No 127 and it lasted fairly well on my skin, especially for a sort of 'eau de cologne' type fragrance. The Santal was just too 'modern' smelling for me; I'm not a big fan of black pepper scent in toiletries. I think that it lasts longer than some of their other colognes because it has a higher percentage of synthetic ingredients in it. I don't know that for a fact, it was just my take.
Regards,
Gordon
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

The bottle of Santal I had was aftershave rather than cologne but it was plenty potent and long lasting stuff. I liked it but haven't replaced it preferring Trumpers Curzon for a spicy, oriental woodsy motif. Or Taylor Shave Shop for a lighter expression of the style.
Regards,
Squire
flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Pete, where did you get them from?

Anthony
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

A member who goes by the handle Zemlya listed them in the buying and selling forum here. There were even more samples than I originally listed. I had put some Creed and other stuff in a drawer because I didn't have room in my medicine cabinet for them. I have tried many of the Floris and a couple GFT's so far. Strangely, I prefer the GFT's because they are stronger and last longer on me. Last time I got a bunch of GFT samples I didn't care for them, but I don't think the ones I tried recently were in that batch. They were: Spanish Leather and Astor.
Ouchmychin (Pete)