US Source for GFT travel-sized bottles

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
highdrytoast

US Source for GFT travel-sized bottles

Post by highdrytoast »

I haven't been a traditional shaver that long but I have narrowed my interests down to a few Trumper's products. If I can, I'd like to buy the travel-sized bottles to stretch my dollar. Can anyone recommend a US-based supplier for the 500ml bottles of the following GFT products: Coral Skin Tonic, Extract of Limes Hair Cream, Adjaccio Violets Cologne and Extract of Limes Aftershave? Any leads will be much appreciated.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: US Source for GFT travel-sized bottles

Post by Squire »

Check with Phil at Bullgooseshaving.com. I would rethink the Adjaccio Violets. It's pleasant enough, I use it occasionally, but for me it's a time and place sort of thing and 500 ml is a big supply.
Regards,
Squire
highdrytoast

Post by highdrytoast »

Thanks. I'll give thought to that. I'm enthused by the violet shaving cream and can see myself using it quite a bit but I guess the things about it that please me may not have translated into the cologne.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Violet, rose, lilac and geranium are some of the traditional men's barbershop and grooming scents though dated now by modern standards. Trumpers Adjaccio Violet is one of these traditional throwbacks to the past yet it bridges the gap to modernity.

Can be potent on some folks though and violet may not be the signature scent you want to carry to a business meeting first thing in the morning.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Regarding the Trumper 'travel' or 'refill' bottles in general ( those scents etc. in plastic bottles ) I too would be interested if anyone is aware of a good US source. As much as I've maligned them in the past, in truth, I've only ever had one that seemed 'off' and I am considering getting some more Spanish Leather Cologne packaged this way....if I can find any. The few vendor sites I've checked don't seem to offer them.
Regards,
Gordon
Ken

Post by Ken »

Gordon,

Shoplondons.com carries the Spanish Leather aftershave and cologne in plastic bottles of 200 and 500 ml. The aftershaves are $48 (200 ml) and $80 (500 ml) and the colognes are $52 (200 ml) and $96 (500 ml). Unfortunately, they all have an "out-of stock" label attached to the listings. Presumably they will eventually be back in stock.

Ken
Ken

Post by Ken »

Gordon,

BullGoose has the 200 ml aftershave in a plastic bottle for $48.

Ken
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I take credit for that. A few years back I was urging Phil to stock the 200 ml plastic bottles and he decided to give it a go. It's quite a deal actually, twice as much cologne/aftershave than a standard 100 ml glass bottle at a cost significantly lower than one of the glass bottles. Better than a two for one sale.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ken...and Squire, many thanks. I will check that out.
Regards,
Gordon
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

http://www.westcoastshaving.com carries trumper skin food in 500ml size, which is significantly less expensive per ml than any other size.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Ken, Thanks again. I went ahead and ordered 200 ml. of the Spanish Leather from Phil today. I needed more Pink anyway and the two together finally pushed me over into the free shipping category for a change...yippee!
Regards,
Gordon
highdrytoast

Post by highdrytoast »

I'd like to add GFT's violet shaving cream and cologne to my rotation. Can anyone suggest a complementary aftershave from one of the Three Ts? I've used GFT's rose skin food and don't think it would be complementary. I saw GFT's newer Coral Skin Tonic and thought it might be the answer as it seems to be advertised as neutral but then read a post that it doesn't have the skin-soothing properties of GFT's original skin foods. I hope I've not stumbled too far off-topic with this question.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I don't know as I'd worry too much about conflicting scents in this case. My memory of at least the Coral and Lime Skin Foods is that their scent faded away quite quickly. I use D R Harris's Pink A/S daily and although it does have a faint rose ( or sometimes lilac ) scent it just disappears a few minutes after application. I wear a number of different colognes and never give it a second thought.
Regards,
Gordon
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I just wanted to add, 'kudos' to Phil at Bullgoose and to the USPS Priority Mail service. I phoned the order in to Phil early Monday afternoon and it arrived in the mail today; Wednesday! Pretty amazing.
Regards,
Gordon
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

bernards66 wrote:I just wanted to add, 'kudos' to Phil at Bullgoose and to the USPS Priority Mail service. I phoned the order in to Phil early Monday afternoon and it arrived in the mail today; Wednesday! Pretty amazing.
Regards,
Gordon
Gordon, I have made several purchases from Phil in the past and have also communicated with him by email with a few questions about a product. He has been sooooo nice in responding quickly and politely to my email questions and also in getting my order to me pronto. Guy is first class act to be sure. Will continue to buy shaving supplies from him.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's why I go to Phil first when I need something, the man's a pleasure to deal with.
Regards,
Squire