Recommendations?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
mate

Recommendations?

Post by mate »

Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy some new colognes and aftershaves for the summer.

I have a limited amount of knowledge on what's out there, so I'm hoping some of you chaps will be able to give me some recommendations.

Some of the stuff I already like and use includes:

Drakkar Noir
Davidoff Cool Water
Old Spice original
Paco Rabanne

...Based on these, what other fragrances do you think I would like?

Look forward to reading any suggestions!
gsgo

Re: Recommendations?

Post by gsgo »

Spring and summer I think of:

Royall Lyme or Rugby or Vetyver
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet (actually I will wear this anytime)
Aqua Lavanda Puig (might be tough to find as a edc)
Bay Rum (especially when it gets a little hot and muggy here in the US Midwest)
Acqua de Parma Colonial

So many to choose, spend sometime and sample as much as you can, report back when you make your choices.
Good shaving,

Gary
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Along those lines, Azzaro.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

I really can't say because the subject is so vast; you made mention of scents you like but I've no idea what else you may or may not have tried. If you're not aware of them, and can get down to London, a walk-about in the St. James's area will bring you past the Floris, Geo. F. Trumper, Taylor of Old Bond Street, Truefitt & Hill and D R Harris shops and between them that will give you a hell of a lot of scents to check out ( there is also a Penhaligon's shop in one of the nearby arcades...I forget which one ). But, it depends on one's taste. The only scents I've worn for many years now are some of the older ones from these shops but these days they also offer many that I would consider to be 'too modern' but that might be more your cup of tea. Of course, there are innumerable other colognes available but if you have not checked out these shops then I think it would be worthwhile to do so. Best of luck in your hunt.
Regards,
Gordon
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

If you are at Trumper's, I suggest that you might like their Spanish Leather, which is one of my favorite scents. A major US made scent that I also like is Aramis's Tuscany per Uomo. For a change of pace, I like Truefit and Hill Trafalgar which has an unusual lemon verbena scent. These are just for you to give a sniff of. Let us know what you decide you like.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
shlalaw

Post by shlalaw »

Cuba Gold. An inexpensive stand-in for Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male.