Penhaligon's Bayolea

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Re: Penhaligon's Bayolea

Post by brothers »

The Bayolea samples arrived Saturday. As with any other, it takes me a while to figure out if I like it. That's where I'm at. I'm wearing it today.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Penhaligons Bayolea range of men's care products is now available, in the full range of products, at London's Bathecary, also known as ShopLondon's, newly opened in Florida. They offer EDT 100ml, Aftershave 100 ml, and among a lot of other products, the large glass jar of Shaving Cream, which was previously sold with Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday I used my sample of Bayolea EdT that was purchased from Lucky Scent. We had somewhere to go, and once in the car, my lovely wife asked me if I was wearing a new "perfume". I said yes, it's a sample, and I'm glad you noticed it. (When I was applying it, I was wondering if she'd notice, all on her own, and that she'd give me her opinion of it.) Well, that's exactly what happened. She said, "it's OK for now, but please don't wear it again, it doesn't work on you". I told her I was very happy she'd given me her opinion, because that's exactly why I got a sample before buying it. I explained to her that it was created based on an old recipe for hairdressing that was made exclusively for one of the British Royals. She said, "well, that explains it. It smells like something one of those old guys would wear." Enough said.

Later that evening, I told my son about the experience, and he said, "oh, I also noticed it when you sat next to me this morning, and it doesn't work on you." I also thanked him for letting me know. I'm still wondering about the shaving soap in the wooden bowl and cream in the giant glass jar, but I think I should stick to Sartorial in the future.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It seems the comments I get are when something really works or when it really doesn't.
Regards,
Squire