Fine Accoutrements Aftershave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Bob in TX

Fine Accoutrements Aftershave

Post by Bob in TX »

I used my Fine Platinum aftershave for the first time today. I am no scent guru, but this is excellent! It is supposed to be based on Creed Aventus. It also has more menthol than I expected. I am impressed. All the “Buzz” seems to be well placed!

I will let all you professional scent experts give a more detailed review. I just like it.

I liked the original “old style” bottles. It is too bad the supplier could not keep up with the demand. The good news is that the new glass bottles have the original labels showing “100ml”, but they contain 120ml at the same price.

Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Fine Accoutrements Aftershave

Post by Squire »

I like that they keep the ingredients simple. I appreciate complex fragrances but sometimes all you need is a basic follow up to a shave.
Regards,
Squire
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

I agree. I like the simple approach, but I wouldn't say the scents are a "one trick pony". I will let you scent pros sort that out.
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

The Fine scents are blended to match popular scents as follows:

Platinum-Creed Aventus
Fresh Vetiver-Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver
American Blend-YSL's Rive Gauche
Italian Citrus-Acqua Di Parma's Colonia
Clean Vetiver-Guerlain Vetiver

I used the Platinum again today and like it more each time I use it.

Last edited by Bob in TX on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
function

Post by function »

Ugh, this thread has made my acquisition disorder flare up again. Two bottles headed two me now.

Thanks for the effort on the writeup
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Just two?
Regards,
Squire
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

I just received my sample of American Blend, patterened after YSL Rive Guache. Unfortunately, this is also a great scent! Make room for another AS.

function

Post by function »

I am quite happy with the bottles of L'Orange Noir and Platinum I purchased. The wife is as well.

I found the L'Orange to have quite a lot of staying power, close to cologne strength, still catching sandalwood notes all day. My sniffer isn't quite educated enough to describe the top notes, but I will venture a guess that it is citrus.
Nick

brothers

Post by brothers »

Sampler kit has been ordered from the maker this morning. Looking forward to picking out my favorites. Thanks for the heads-up. Snake Bite sounds like my kind of stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Today was my first use of the Fine American Blend after shaving.

This one is a keeper. My face feels great and I smell pretty darned good too!

I was testing a new soap sample for WSP and got a smooth, close, nick free shave.

Both the Platinum and American Blend will stay in my rotation.

brothers

Post by brothers »

I received my set of 6 samples from Fine. They all seem pleasant, and the mentholated Snake Bite doesn't have much of a scent, if any, and I understand that is by design. I'm looking forward to using them along the way. As I sniffed each one, they seem generally akin to the Vitos after shaves. It seems most everyone has their favorite(s), so maybe there's one or more that will strike my fancy too.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Gary-I look forward to seeing which ones you prefer!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Well, Bob, I was eager to use these, so this morning I used the unscented Snake Bite and I love it. Talk about face-freezing! It's a clesr winner for me. Now I'm just as curious about the others. Too bad.he's out of stock in the Italian Spice.
Gary

function

Post by function »

Liked the two I bought enough to buy two more and give a third as a gift. A friend, that I recently introduced to the DE and a badger brush, received a bottle of American Blend a few days before his wedding. Myself I picked up a bottle of American Blend and Fresh Vetiver.
I am a huge fan of the menthol content in these splashes, lower than splashes that are designed to be menthol bombs, but definitely more than most, seems to be just right for me for everyday use, even in the disturbingly humid and hot town I live in. (96F and 50% expected today, 77F and 85% when I woke up).
For the price these are very reasonable and I am fully on board, and might have to cut myself off as I have a shelf of aftershaves that is about to take up room where my brushes normally go.
Nick