Trumper''s Marlborough

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Trumper''s Marlborough

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today I tried Marlborough for the first time as an edt. For me it is a winner. Surprise1! I have bad mouthed my last Trumper's fragrance. I love the geraniums and cedar. This is what I would define as a classic British scent. If you have never tried it I recommend that you try to get a sample. Trumper is very free with samples. Now I just have to find a bargain somewhere to excuse my indulgence.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: Trumper''s Marlborough

Post by bernards66 »

Pete, I agree; Marlborough is a fine gentleman's scent, IMO....AND, unlike Wild Fern, this one is still available in the classic heavy glass 100ml. shaker splash. Despite what Trumper implies in their ad copy it is not one of their older scents, however. Marlborough is one of, I think six scents originally, that they introduced in the earlier '80s or possibly slightly before that. Wild Fern was another of these as was Wellington. I can't help but suspect that the later two anyway were produced consciously in imitation of Penhaligon's English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet which really do date from the beginning of the 20th century. In Marlborough I always picked up lavender and cedarwood as the most predominant notes myself. Enjoy!
Regards,
Gordon
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

This is one of the first Trumper's scents I tried over a decade ago. I rarely wear it and still have my original bottle in aftershave strength from that time. But every now and then I put a little on the wrist and sniff it while I smoke a cigar and drink a cocktail in the Evening. It's also surprising and quite a scent experience the next day - let me explain. If one happens to let a drop or two fall in the deck area around the bathroom basin and then enters the bathroom the next day (provided there's been no cleaning effort in between) then the scent is quite captivating (true for even an hour or two after such a drop). It becomes at that point a different perspective and I find it fantastic. I have been not as interested in wearing it on my person as it's a tad different perspective - perhaps too strong. Same goes for Curzon.

Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I agree Chris, those two are punchy alright. Both are nice though.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Chris, any time you want to part with that aftershave I am in the market, even if it is "old stock".
Pete
Ouchmychin (Pete)
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Pete,

I understand and would just send it to you if I didn't have a sentimental attachement to it. It reminds me of being first married, living in a small apartment with my new wife etc. Strong memories. I'll always keep it for that reason.

I hope you find one like it as the older Trumper aftershaves seem to have a mystique about them and are somehow different.

Chris