Fine Snake Bite after shave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Fine Snake Bite after shave

Post by brothers »

This is a good example of how samples can help, especially when it comes to aftershaves. I recently bought samples of all of the offerings from Fine. I got six because one of them (Italian something or other) is kind of off the radar apparently. The one I am choosing to buy in the big bottle is Snake Bite. It's supposedly without fragrance, but to my nose it smells just about right. The main attraction to me is the MENTHOL. Caps are appropriate because it's a nice big bold healthy menthol. It's great stuff.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Fine Snake Bite after shave

Post by Squire »

So is Foie gras I'm told but liver is not to my tastes.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I agree. Out of 6 samples, my smelling apparatus didn't seem to register more than one "gotta have it". I envy those who can really understand and appreciate the more complex commercial fragrances.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Now that I've used up the sample of Snake Bite, and have located a retailer who still has it in stock, I'm about ready to place my order. The rest of the samples served their purpose and are history.
Gary

TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

brothers wrote:I got six because one of them (Italian something or other) is kind of off the radar apparently.
That one would be Italian Citrus, supposedly it bears a very close resemblance to AdP's Colonia:

I have yet to try any of the Fine AS, particularly since the artisan went back to the original formula, and most online stores don't seem to know which version they're actually carrying. Snake Bite is one of the scents that intrigues me the most, along with Italian Citrus, Platinum and Clean Vetiver.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage