A FINAL KISMET

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
KAV
Location: California, just above L.A. between the Reagan Library and Barbra Streisand's beach house

A FINAL KISMET

Post by KAV »

I was up early to shlep two bags of recyclables down to the recycling center. My neighbor kindly gave me a ride. I had to sit for 90 minutes until they opened, but saved a walk with two bags I cannot carry with my back and rib.I walked home and in spite of carrying water REALLY felt the fatigue this time.
The phone rings 5 minutes after I walk in. I advertised a really nice bed in our local trade magazine;cheap @ $50. lady comes over to see it. She asks me at least 3 times how old, what brand, why am I selling ,will I take $20. I hold out for $50- I ONLY had 2 more calls while she did a MINUTE examination for bedbugs. She buys it. Then she announces she needs help loading it. So I carry the thing out to- the biggest SUV/Panzer I've ever seen. And there was NO sport trying to squeeze a queensized pillowtop ,box and frame into the non existent utility.
So now I'm sweating, in pain and trying to decide which of several pressing priorities to use the $50 on. I shower and decided to shave ( it was a quick single pass this morning.) I reach under the sink for my gallon of distilled water. I hear a clink. I look down and pull out a forgotten, seemingly empty bottle of Woods of Windsor. The original formulae. There is a goodly sized splash remaining. I do a 4 pass shave. I use the final experience of that once worthy product.I've been out of AS and cologne for 3 months.
I walk out and change my priorities. So my socks have holes in the toes and my shirt cuffs are frayed. I'm buying some Alt Innsbruk from Phil. :lol:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: A FINAL KISMET

Post by Squire »

Established priorities must be maintained.
Regards,
Squire
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

It's the little things.

Chris
Jbbmad2

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Socks and shirts are overrated anyway.
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Enjoyed your overall experience that day. I am a poor seller---great buyer. Last time I sold something on Craigs list was a rear projector big screen tv (wanted a flat screen to have more room). I had paid about 3500 bucks for it and offered it for a hundred. No takers. Lowered the price to 50. Still no takers. Dropped it to free and the phone rang off the hook. Gave it to the first guy that could come into my house and get the darned 380 pound thing out.
As to Woods Of Windsor, I used up my original bottle and had to get a new one. Looked just like the original and smelled ok. Since I didn't have any original left I couldn't compare. Applied some yesterday (I like it so much I practically took a bath in it). My wife came in as I finished dressing and said "I smelled you all the way down the hall" Job done!
Ouchmychin (Pete)