A Brisk Encounter

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Re: A Brisk Encounter

Post by brothers »

BPman wrote:
brothers wrote:...I didn't buy any. My wife reminds me I have many others that are even better. That makes me feel pretty good about my selections so far.
:shock: Didn't buy one? [-X What AS does your wife like best? I have found that the opinion of a woman in the USA regarding what she likes in a male fragrance is almost entirely dependent upon her age. Age 50+ they like the old classics & younger usually like the new stuff that quite frankly make a man smell like a.................girl. :oops:

As another example of taste & age, the old Estee Lauder women's perfume Youth Dew drives me crazy......in a good sort of "wolfish" way. :P Younger men & women can't stand it.
Yeah, I had Brisk in my hand while standing in a very slow line, so I decided to go check out the Pacific Rush while I was in no hurry. After that I asked myself why I was wanting even more stuff that I'll probably put on the shelf and never use. So I put it back. She said, "they didn't have it?" I said they had it but I didn't want it. That was when she said, oh well, you've got a lot of them at home that smell really good. To answer your question, I've been lucky. She likes what I like. Not all, but mostly.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I vividly recall standing in Charles Robert's shop in Austin excitedly holding a sample of a cologne I'd convinced myself I wanted under her nose for approval. Silently shaking her head she said, no, no, not on you.

Some votes count more than others.
Regards,
Squire
BPman

Post by BPman »

Squire wrote:I vividly recall standing in Charles Robert's shop in Austin excitedly holding a sample of a cologne I'd convinced myself I wanted under her nose for approval. Silently shaking her head she said, no, no, not on you.

Some votes count more than others.
That's when you should say something witty like "but my young girlfriend likes it". :P :lol: :wink:
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

She was my young girlfriend.
Regards,
Squire