One needs to do their research

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
pausted

One needs to do their research

Post by pausted »

We were on a Caribbean cruise last week. While in St. Martin I found a 300 ml bottle of 4711 EdC. I thought " I have not tried 4711 but it seems to be popular on the forums. This is a really big bottle and its only 40 bucks." So I bought it, thinking I had gotten a steal of a deal. When we got back on Saturday I got on the web to see how well I had done. On Fragrancenet .com I can buy the same bottle for $18.39 with free shipping! Oh well, I like the cologne and it will remind me of our trip. As I said above, do your research!! :D
Best regards,

Basil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: One needs to do their research

Post by Squire »

So true, I can understand the temptation though, it's a very attractive bottle. I keep one on my bathroom counter for years.
Regards,
Squire
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

Very true indeed. Recently I bought a Wilkinson Classic razor on eBay for $17.99 and a couple days later saw the same razor offered at Amazon for $10.00 shipped. Oh well.
_______
John
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Yes, been there, done that! That does happen, particularly when one is on a trip, and assumes that an item that is made in the place you're visiting should be cheaper there then in any other place. I've had that same experience this year with Scotland and whiskies.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Scottish whisky has made a few purchase decisions for me as well.
Regards,
Squire
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Squire wrote:Scottish whisky has made a few purchase decisions for me as well.
Ah! Good ones, I hope! :D
David

Araner

Post by Araner »

When I'm traveling internationally I always pick up a bottle (or two) of Scotch at the airport duty free shop. The prices are good to great and the selection is almost always terrific. Regrettably I don't travel to other countries as often as I used to. Hopefully when I retire from my current awful, stinking, thankless, no good, mother%*#@ing, POS job I'll have the time to travel to other parts of the world and do some quality R&R and buy premium Scotch at a reasonable price.

All the best,
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That's my story David and I'm sticking to it.
Regards,
Squire
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Araner wrote:When I'm traveling internationally I always pick up a bottle (or two) of Scotch at the airport duty free shop. The prices are good to great and the selection is almost always terrific. Regrettably I don't travel to other countries as often as I used to. Hopefully when I retire from my current awful, stinking, thankless, no good, mother%*#@ing, POS job I'll have the time to travel to other parts of the world and do some quality R&R and buy premium Scotch at a reasonable price.

All the best,
Mike
I do the same, although there are considerable price variations amongst countries. Funny enough, some of my best purchases were done in the Edinburgh airport, which was considerably cheaper then any retail store there.
David