Has Anyone Elst Tried HABIT ROUGE By Guerlain

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Has Anyone Elst Tried HABIT ROUGE By Guerlain

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today I got delivery of a bottle of Habit Rouge that I purchased on ebay after reading about it in Luca Turin's book. I really like the exotic scent. Definitely not an every day or work scent. It almost knocked me out when I first applied it but faded to a wearable scent after about 20 minutes. My wife liked it but said it was a pretty strong one. I believe I can wear it for special occasions. I am sure it will get comments from any ladies near by. It is a pretty old scent so I wonder if other members have tried it and what they thought of it. I also bought several sample sprayers of Gucci. Will try one soon.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
worthy_sam

Re: Has Anyone Elst Tried HABIT ROUGE By Guerlain

Post by worthy_sam »

You have made a very good purchase, Habit Rouge is among the best male fragrances from Guerlain. A classic & refined fragrance that will not offend anyone. I personally think it could be worn on a regular basis.

Once I run out of my Floris Original Gentleman's Cologne which is pretty similar to Habit Rouge, I plan to buy a bottle of Habit Rouge in the Eau de Cologne version.
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Re: Has Anyone Elst Tried HABIT ROUGE By Guerlain

Post by Bargepole »

First one I fell in love with when I was 15 or so. Still wear it today (though it's been through loads of different iterations since then). It used to come in a curvy little red ceramic flask, along with "sapoceti", a perfumed soap which was the best I ever used. It's a wonderful classic cologne still. Enjoy.
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis