Crown Perfumery Imperial After Shave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
worthy_sam

Crown Perfumery Imperial After Shave

Post by worthy_sam »

Is Crown Perfumery Imperial After Shave a worthy replacement for the Crown Imperial Eau de Toilette? How is the sillage & longevity for the after shave?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: Crown Perfumery Imperial After Shave

Post by bernards66 »

Sam, As far as I know all Crown Perfumery products disappeared from the market over a decade ago. Shortly after Clive Christian acquired the line he began to discontinue some of the scents ( this was in the very early 2000s ) and introduce scents under his own name at ridiculous prices. After a few years all the original Crown scents were gone. So, I'm not sure what colognes and A/S you're referring to. Perhaps things have been going on of late of which I am unaware?
Regards,
Gordon
worthy_sam

Post by worthy_sam »

Gordon,
Nothing is going on with Crown Perfumery that is not in your knowledge :). I was referring to the discontinued Crown Imperial EdT & AS. I know they are hard to find but sometimes an opportunity comes by to buy their products.

I have been lucky to own a few Crown Perfumery products including your favorite Eau de Quinine and was curious about Crown Imperial.

Regards,
Sam
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

It appears that there is some of the aftershave available at Amazon. I don't know if it has been re-formulated.
http://www.amazon.com/Crown-Imperial-Th ... B007CYPPES

I had some that was more vintage that I bought on eBay but ended up selling in mid-November. Its sillage and longevity both were medium for me.
_______
John
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

John,
Thanks for the link. Any of their aftershaves were rare even when the stuff was still being made. I don't recall ever actually seeing any live in a shop. Best of luck in your hunt Sam!
Regards,
Gordon