Gucci EDT

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Gucci EDT

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today I again tried the small sample of Gucci edt that I bought. My thoughts are simple: First drydown Cedar. After a couple of hours: musty cedar. It kind of works but I am wondering if it wouldn't be cheaper to get a bottle of OCedar cedar oil and go from there. Anyone have any experience with it?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Janus

Re: Gucci EDT

Post by Janus »

If I were you, I'd wait until Phil at BullGoose receives his Pitralon afterhave shipment. It'll be the Classic (aka German Pitralon, the one with the green label) that you'll want to try. Pretty much all cedar to my nose at least.
Janus
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

No! I am wrong. This stuff struck me as cedar but I used it again today and realize it is much more complex than that. There are resinous notes too. It is really Gucci Por Homme. So I checked it out in lucca Turin's book and it is rated 4 stars and described as a masterpiece. Good enough for me. I'll keep it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

The discontinued Gucci Pour Homme is the impression of cedar, incense, and gunpowder, really made up mostly of Iso E Super, an aromachemical. You can buy Iso E Super, put it in some alcohol, and spritz it on to get the cedar-pepper-incense smoke effect. Very inexpensive. Not as composed as Gucci PH, but satisfying if you like a big wallop of Iso E (some are anosmic to it; others hate it...I happen to like it even if it is overused).
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Thanks Tim. As I said I am just a novice at these things so I just gave my impressions. From your description, I was not far off the mark with my first impression. I bought three sample sized vials on ebay a while back. It was cheap so worth the gamble. As I said in another thread I also got a larger sample of Guerlain's Habit Rouge that day. Liked it a lot.
Ouchmychin (Pete)