ed

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Tried a sample of Freshman not too long ago. The scent was fresh and light. The following describes the scent: A fresh marine fougere fragrance with top notes of Bergamot, Lemon, Orange Blossom, Mint, Coriander and Rosemary.

Like most T&H scents, it lasted about half a day. Nevertheless, very nice scent that I will probably purchase. My favorite T&H scent is still West Indian Limes.
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Todd,

I found T&H Freshman to be very similar to T&H 1805. However, 1805 is very potent compared to Freshman. Like Austin mentioned, it is very light. I only need two spritzes of 1805 to last for hours. Freshman, on me, only lasted maybe two hours at best. It seemed more citrusy to me than oceanic (marine, fresh). 1805 is definitely the more fresh, oceanic scent. I also have the 1805 shampoo and shave cream.

This is the only fragrance my wife immediately recognizes amongst the others I have.

This is one of my favorites. Very affordable and long-lasting.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano, TX
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Todd, if you have a Nordstroms close by they carry T&H products.

Unlike Richard, I did not find 1805 and Freshman colognes similiar. I think Freshman has a cleaner scent. Nevertheless, both scents are nice.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Todd, Freshman is said to be the oldest Truefitt&Hill formula currently being produced. It is said to have been first blended by the founder, Wm. Francis Truefitt, early in the 1800s. And it might be more or less true. Although, the current formula may have been diddled with a little, it is very much in the light eau de cologne style fashionable during the Regency. It is an essentially citrus scent, with herbal sort of undertones, somewhat along the lines of Harris's Classic or Arlington. 1805, on the other hand, is a very recent creation, with a distinctly 'modern', more 'designer' style motif. Freshman does not linger that long on me, citrus classic eau de cologne style scents generally don't. Personally, despite it's brief duration, I'm fond of these types of scents, and like Freshman. I went through the bottle I had pretty quickly, using it often. Regards, Gordon