Old Spice bottle question- Resolved

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Jbbmad2

Old Spice bottle question- Resolved

Post by Jbbmad2 »

Just got a brand new unopened Old Spice Lighthouse. The reason I believe it's brand new and unopened is because I can't open the darn thing. Fluid level is topped off, but I don't know if this is a screw top or if it pulls out like the regular stopper. Which ever it won't budge. I'm sure one of you fine gentlemen holds the key to helping me find the correct method to open this treasure.
Last edited by Jbbmad2 on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce
Proverbs 3:5-6
Gig'em!
Straight Arrow

Re: Old Spice bottle question

Post by Straight Arrow »

Picture might help.
Rich
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Is that the decanter?
Regards,
Squire
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Bruce, if it is the vintage bottle it just pulls off. At times the juice inside make the top stick, try twisting it a bit to loosen then pull it off.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Also, don't be surprised if the juice inside has gone bad, it happens. If it is NOS it should be in a plastic display with a red ribbon holding the top and bottom together. When P&G bought Shulton I stocked up on these decanters, over the years I have noticed 1 in 5 have gone bad.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Ouchmychin

Re: Old Spice bottle question- Resolved

Post by Ouchmychin »

I just pulled my lantern bottle off the shelf to check. It is glass and has a plastic pull up stopper with a brass ring going through it. The top is black. The bottle is gold plated with a dark green clear glass window. The back side is flat and un-adorned. The tapered top had a gold embossed ribbon with OldSpice written on it in script. I got the bottle about 20 years ago from an elderly friend who had to give up all aftershaves. I rarely use it and I have a bottle of the Indian made stuff. As far as I can tell the scent is good but I don't like the bite Old Spice of any vintage has on my skin after I shave. It is a long lasting bite too. I like the scent though.
Ouchmychin (Pete)