Atkinson's Royal Briar

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Atkinson's Royal Briar

Post by brothers »

I recently purchased this NOS 8 ounce bottle from a fellow SMF member. All of the reviews and remarks are positive and I happily made the blind buy with no regrets. I liked it right off the bat, but because she has to be exposed to the fragrance too, I wanted approval from my wife. I used it sparingly on 3 or 4 occasions, unannounced, so she'd have to discover it on her own. This morning she said, quite spontaneously, "That's nice! What are you wearing?" Now I'm a happy (and lucky) guy, thanks to Fitch! :)

PS: Neither the box nor the bottle's label state whether this is an aftershave, EdT, or cologne. Does anyone know? It doesn't really matter, but I'm just curious for the sake of accuracy.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Re: Atkinson's Royal Briar

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, welcome to the club. You've raised an interesting question regarding the strength of this juice and I always thought it was a cologne. It's quite potent for what it is.

Enjoy it while you have it for the likes of it are not ever to be produced again. Look for it mentioned only in forum posts now, an olfactory experience Gone With the Wind.

Chris