iceland breeze

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

iceland breeze

Post by Ouchmychin »

Today I tried a very old aftershave in my collection, called iceland breeze. It is made by Master Well Comb of Illinois. I haven't seen a post about this stuff since I posted quite a few years ago. It has a strong scent of lilac but with a hint of menthol. Good for summer use. MWC is a barber supply house so you get a large barber sized bottle for very little. I believe I found them originally by googling their name after someone posted about their products. They also make a bay rum and a lilac vegetal. If anyone else has tried one of these it would be nice to hear their opinion.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
JRTASTER

Re: iceland breeze

Post by JRTASTER »

Hey, Pete,
the "hint of menthol" stifled my interest, but Master products in general have fascinated me for some time.
I see Atlanta Barber Supply, Appleton Barber Supply, and Williamsport Barber Supply all carry a selection of
Master products, as well as other "old time" barber shop favorites (anyone remember Beau Kreml?).
From where did you get your Iceland Breeze, Pete???
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I don't recall where I got it. Thought I just googled it, so I did that again and found lots of it on ebay for a total of $11-12 for a 15 oz. bottle. Lots of other flavors. I am curious about "Lord and Master". No description of the scent. They also had a spice vesion. These are barber supplies. I went to their site and they showed 1.2 gallon sized jugs.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I just checked Amazon and it is listed as in stock at the moment.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JRTASTER

Post by JRTASTER »

Pete, Gary, Thanks!

It seems you have to do some research at Amazon, as prices vary widely.
The on-line barber supply places have the 12(?) oz size for around $8.

I really must try one or more scent variants at those prices....one of these days.

I checked the Master Well Comb website and my guess is they are discontinuing
the gallon sizes of some scents.

Thanks for piquing my interest.
Enjoying wet shaving, again.
jr/John