AOS Sandalwood aftershave lotion - not balm

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

AOS Sandalwood aftershave lotion - not balm

Post by brothers »

I really like the scent of my AOS shaving soap (old formula). I see that AOS offers an aftershave lotion, not to be confused with the balm, which I am not interested in. I'm mainly looking for a fragrance, not a skin balm. Does anyone here on SMF know whether the lotion has a scent that matches the shaving soap, and how well it works and lasts as a fragrance?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Gene

Re: AOS Sandalwood aftershave lotion - not balm

Post by Gene »

Gary, I am of the opinion that all the AoS sandalwood products have the same scent. I got a small sandalwood sampler from one of my kids for father's day - it had the lotion. I also own the balm.

Same scent (to me, anyway)

The only difference in all the products (again - to me) is the sandalwood soap - same scent, but also an underlying scent I always thought was the clay.

Decent longevity for me - several hours anyway.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore