Took a break

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Took a break

Post by brothers »

For a few weeks now, I haven't been moved to apply any substance to my face following the daily shower and shave. Don't ask me why - maybe I just got tired of it.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Re: Took a break

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary, oddly enough, I've been doing the same for months now. Not even an y fragrance applied. And I like it.

Yesterday, I shaved in a rush and decided to reach for the Skin Bracer afterward. It smelled strong, very strong. I also had a tad irritation from it. What a difference from decades past.

Things change and life goes on.

Chris
pausted

Post by pausted »

Interesting, Gary. I have recently done just the opposite. A couple weeks ago I started adding a light application of Nivea balm to my post shave routine. In the past I have avoided balms because I thought they were oily. Now I splash on my aftershave after the balm. I, too, don't know why I did it. Just fun to do something different, I guess.
Best regards,

Basil
Chaps

Post by Chaps »

I have found myself doing the same thing. No reason.
Danny

"Because I prefer the cool, clean sweep of the tempered steel as it glides smoothly--" Cary Grant as he is shaving in a scene from "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House"
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have done the same on occasion, but find the most time I am a creature of habit with my relatively simple post-shave routine.
Alum block
Cold rinse
Witch Hazel
The Body Shop Razor Relief
Skin Food

Always in the order outlined above.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I find If I don't use an alcohol-based aftershave my face feels itchy and generally uncomfortable. But it has to be alcohol-based and preferably with a dash of menthol. I've tried witch hazel and a variety of balms, but none has worked for me. Prior to applying the aftershave I rinse my face with cold water; I don't use an alum block because it leaves my skin feeling dry and abused. This morning I finished my shave with a liberal dousing of AV Original Sport.; great stuff and cheap as chips. =D> I feel clean and refreshed.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

When I started up again with the post shave stuff, I went with Superior 70 mentholated. I'm seriously getting ready to sell off some or all of my former fragrances.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

With the amount of shaving stuff (including colognes) I have almost 5 million different combinations that could be put together. Some would obviously not work but let's say there are at least 1 million that would. That's still a unique shave every day for more than 2000 years. I simply can't take a break, there's work to do!
Rick
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

About a year ago I was informed by my physical therapist that young men no longer use scented products and only shave to get an Al Pachino? look. Today I applied Aqua Velva and added a touch of Knize 10 to my wrists, just to show him.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

I'm back to using bay rum for an aftershave and I love it. I guess my change was temporary.

I'm still don't use any fragrance though. Sometimes I put some on the back of my wrist just to enjoy it in the Evening.

Chris
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Knize 10
what a memory jolt! Waaaaaaay back when, there used to an almost cult-like clique of knize 10 fans on smf. They've all gone on to a lesser life (I mean really, a day without smf cant mean a better life can it????? :D :D :D ) but you could almost feel their intense fondness for knize 10 coming through the monitor

Show him indeed!!, pete

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum