Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 - Subtle and elegant fragance-JASMINE

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Dr Dulcamara

Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 - Subtle and elegant fragance-JASMINE

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 - Subtle and elegant fragance - JASMINE

Friends. A new Myrsol line is born. In tribute to the founder of Myrsol. It is a formula from the formulas book. A book that I have had on hand, with the handwritten formulas from Mr Miquel.

The aftershave was made in the 60s about, but since then has not become manufactured. The formula has been updated very very subtly.

Cologne really is a completely new product.
And it will also be the cream/shaving soap in jars of 200 grams, which is already in preparation.
If you like the fragrance, the line probably shall be extended with a bath gel or shampoo.

I show the three bottles labeled only for now, that are in my possession. They will go bottling and distributing in the coming days/weeks.

The aroma is floral: JASMINE is the main note.

Kind Regards. Juan, aka Dr Dulcamara. (Excuse me for my poor English. Is Google Translator)
brothers

Re: Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 - Subtle and elegant fragance-JAS

Post by brothers »

Juan, thank you for telling us about this new product. Will the cream shaving soap be the same ingredients as the current soap in the 1000g soap, Crema de Afietar with lanolin with a new fragrance but in a smaller quantity?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

brothers wrote:Juan, thank you for telling us about this new product. Will the cream shaving soap be the same ingredients as the current soap in the 1000g soap, Crema de Afietar with lanolin with a new fragrance but in a smaller quantity?
Yes. It performs wonderfully. I do not like the current aroma, but I guess with the Jasmine aroma of the Don Miguel 1919 will be nice. For us, the one kilo is not practical, but this tin 200 grams will be useful.
Kind Regards. Juan, aka Dr Dulcamara. (Excuse me for my poor English. Is Google Translator)
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Fantastic !...I'll take mine in glass por favor...Also , how did you get Senor Ricou's formula book , from his son ???...I bet there are more vintage formulas the boys will love !
brothers

Post by brothers »

For this product I will make an exception and allow myself the pleasure of buying yet another shaving product. I hope someone will let us (me) know when and where I can get my hands on the new shaving soap cream.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

malocchio wrote:Fantastic !...I'll take mine in glass por favor...Also , how did you get Senor Ricou's formula book , from his son ???...I bet there are more vintage formulas the boys will love !
Ha, ha. I have had the book in hands. His grandson showed it to me.
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

brothers wrote:For this product I will make an exception and allow myself the pleasure of buying yet another shaving product. I hope someone will let us (me) know when and where I can get my hands on the new shaving soap cream.
I guess the usual supply chain, friend.
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's good to know. My favorite Spanish vendor is Juan @ Gifts & Care.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

My favorite Spanish vendor is Juan @ Gifts & Care
I had a terrific experience shopping there too

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

On Friday, I went to chit chat with my friends from Myrsol, and look what was on the shelf.

brothers

Post by brothers »

I received an email from Gifts & Care notifying me that the new fragrance is in stock right now. They are checking on availability of the new Crema Afeitado shaving cream in the 200g jar, with the Jasmine fragrance.
Gary

blantyre

Post by blantyre »

IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0852.JPG (25.87 KiB) Viewed 9123 times
Although I've only used one Myrsol product before - Agua Balsamica - it is good enough that I decided to try this new one. Don Miguel is completely different from Balsamica other than the packaging and base ingredients. Don Miguel is heavily loaded with a sweet jasmine scent and just enough menthol to feel a tingle on a freshly shaved face but not noticable to me in the scent. The jasmine seems to be of good quality and on my wrist test it lasts a couple of hours before tapering off. Overall I would rate this as a very pleasant summer after shave. The scent does last a while so this needs to be factored in when selecting a cologne. I will probably use it on days when I'm home so that I can enjoy the the jasmine and then add something else when it subsides.
Rick
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

Glad to read you like it, friend. I am enjoying mine.
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

blantyre wrote:
IMG_0852.JPG
Although I've only used one Myrsol product before - Agua Balsamica - it is good enough that I decided to try this new one. Don Miguel is completely different from Balsamica other than the packaging and base ingredients. Don Miguel is heavily loaded with a sweet jasmine scent and just enough menthol to feel a tingle on a freshly shaved face but not noticable to me in the scent. The jasmine seems to be of good quality and on my wrist test it lasts a couple of hours before tapering off. Overall I would rate this as a very pleasant summer after shave. The scent does last a while so this needs to be factored in when selecting a cologne. I will probably use it on days when I'm home so that I can enjoy the the jasmine and then add something else when it subsides.
,,,,,,,,,,,Do you smell the eucalyptus in it ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

Friend, there is not eucalyptus in it.
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

ok !...I thought that would be a strange combination ,I saw the eucalyptus at the Connaught site... http://theshavingroom.co.uk/community/i ... 919.38296/
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

They are in a mistake. No eucalyptus there. I know.
Dr Dulcamara

Post by Dr Dulcamara »

Friends, Myrsol Don Miguel 1919 Shaving Cream is ready. And I like it.