Why Do I Like Old Spice Fresh Limes Better Than Trumpers?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Why Do I Like Old Spice Fresh Limes Better Than Trumpers?

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have several samples of Trumper's edt's and have sampled all of them at one time or another. I never get the lime hit with them that I do with a cheap aftershave I got from India. I mean Old Spice Fresh Lime, of course. I am using my bottle up faster than any other aftershave I have (it is a small bottle). Any others here that like it or prefer it to Trumper's or vice versa?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Why Do I Like Old Spice Fresh Limes Better Than Trumpers

Post by fallingwickets »

pete, have you used the taylor 74 limes? just asking out of curioisty....I have no cologne input whatsoever :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Not sure about it because I got my samples several years ago. But I recall at the time thinking: why is Trumper so prized. A great many of the samples had some form of bitter lime to them (with other stuff); just not to my taste. I can really get the fresh lime hit with a cheap aftershave and it is still present after several hours, which is more than most edts.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

I love the Old Spice Fresh Lime. It's the best of the limes in my book. Just for the record, I also love Aqua Velva Frost Lime even more. I had a bottle of Taylor's 74 Lime but it was no match for OSFL or AVFL. I didn't care for it at all. Not my cup of tea :D to say the least.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I'm sure it is a matter of taste. A while back, a site called coffeereview.com said a recently released roasted coffee warranted their 94/100 rating even though it was from Brazil. So I bought 5 pounds at a high price. Didn't hate it, but it was nowhere as good as other roasted coffees that I buy locally at a lower price. They are sophisticated but can't predict the flavor to me.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Re: Why Do I Like Old Spice Fresh Limes Better Than Trumpers?

Post by brothers »

Interesting to me that I'm still using the Old Spice Fresh Lime and Aqua Velva Frost Lime 4 years since I last posted above. Good, but by no means daily or maybe monthly. Sparingly but still in practice as the occasions present themselves.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Gary if it ain't broke don't fix it! :D

I see one can get this on Amazon but the reviews are hit or miss. I love limes but I'd be afraid to order this based on them. I'd like to try some one day.

Chris
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I really liked the Old Spice Lime back in the late 1960s - early 1970s, but I doubt it was the same as the current product.

- Murray