Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic as an Aftershave

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Ouchmychin

Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic as an Aftershave

Post by Ouchmychin »

Yesterday I pulled an old bottles of Pinaud Eau de Portugal hair tonic out of a cranny on the shelf and used it as an aftershave. I like the scent which to me is a citrus that is not in your face. It had a little bite but not as bad as some aftershaves. Anyone else use this product?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
malocchio

Re: Pinaud Eau de Portugal Hair Tonic as an Aftershave

Post by malocchio »

I made the same post many years ago ,and guys thought I was nuts !...During the depression many of the clear hair tonics were used as aftershave,they contain very little oil.Worked great for me !
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

To wander off topic a little, how does it work as a hair dressing? I'm currently looking for a non-greasy, non-oily hair dressing that won't leave my hair sticky and stiff like gels do. I keep my hair short, but it's fine and thinning so I need something to keep it under control, but looking natural. I'm thinking Trumper's Lime Hair Cream, but it's expensive. Pinaud Eau de Portugual Hair Tonic is very reasonably priced, but how does it perform as a hair dressing?
Bryan
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Almost no oil in it ,very very light.If you just want a little hrdration for scalp it's fine,for holding abilities you'll need something else.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I agree. it does not manage hair when I tried it. Maybe a lot of it with a dab of a water based pomade like Suavecito. I have switched to pomades for control because some are not greasy.
Ouchmychin (Pete)