Trumper Skye

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
adhoc

Trumper Skye

Post by adhoc »

I haven't had the chance to try this one yet and after reading some post on here it has intrigued me but the cologne doesn't seem to be highly regarded over at Basenotes for example where many describe it as a failed attempt from Trumper to create their version of a modern "aquatic, marine" type fragrance. However, I have got the impression from reading here that its a fairly old cologne from Trumper - has it been reformulated perhaps?
Olle
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Trumper Skye

Post by drmoss_ca »

Skye isn't so much the dark horse from Trumper's stable, but a screaming pink unicorn. One is surprised they make it; it is unexpected. It certainly would seem to fit the story of an attempt to be modern, but I don't know if that's entirely true. It does not contain whatever that evil 'oceanic' synthetic fixative is, and given the short-life and lack of dry down I don't know they bothered with any fixatives. It will open with a sweet candy scent, which will simply fade over the next few hours without ever really developing. It seems like a very feminine product, perhaps suited to all the sophistication of some tweenies at a Justin Bieber concert, but while so very sweet, it isn't cloying the way cheap perfume always is. In fact, simplicity of the sweetness with no significant underlying structure is what allows men to wear it. Oddly, I quite like it. Not as much as most other Trumper offerings, but certainly better than Curzon, which has all the errors mentioned above. Reformulated? I don't know. The packaging has changed as it has for all products, but that's just the idiots doing stuff for the sake of looking busy. I don't think there can be much to change in it. Try a sample before committing if possible.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Several years ago, when I visited Trumper’s Curzon Street shop, I sampled Skye aftershave, but for some reason(s), which escapes me now, I didn’t buy any; perhaps for the reasons cited by our resident quack. I bought a bottle of Wellington aftershave instead, which I quite like although the scent is stronger than my other aftershaves except for Alt Innsbruck.
Bryan
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

You have intrigued me more - Ill put it on my list of future colognes I want to check out (I actually have a list and as of now it have 94 entries but I see it as a very long project). :wink:
Olle