Caswell-Massey Colognes

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Coche_y_bondhu
Don't mess with Texas!

Caswell-Massey Colognes

Post by Coche_y_bondhu »

Hello Joel,

On another part of the forum, you were asking about C-M colognes.

Actually, they are very good and very reasonably priced. Most all have lasting power and distinct scents. Favorite in men's colognes is Newport.

May I suggest taking a look at the ladies' colognes, EDTs and parfums especially in the florals and lavenders? Like Charles at QED said sometime ago, just because it is labeled as a ladies' fragrance doesn't mean we can't wear it as well. The girls at the C-M store here in Plano tell me they sell quite a bit of ladies' fragrances to men. Two most popular: violet and rose.

Also, if you get on their mailing list, they do send periodic emails with offers and discount coupons. On their website, http://www.caswellmassey.com, they have a specials page and if you click on the store locator, you can get a 10% off coupon on purchases over $50 at a store.

I, personally, do not care for their shave creams, but their hard soaps are excellent with long-lasting scents. And of course, their reasonably priced fragrances are worth investigating.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, I agree with Richard, the Caswell-Massey colognes are one of the great bargins in gentlemen's scent, along with the Taylor of Old Bond Street colognes, and one or two others. Personally, I can't see myself wearing C-M White Rose, and the Violet is not one of theirs, but rather a French product, which is, IMO, VERY feminine. The Lavender, however, is doable, and the Purple Sage. The three scents that Chris has on order, happen to be my personal favourites from Caswell. Keep in mind also, that C-M is the importer, and one of the few US sources, for the classic Knize Ten cologne and aftershave. Knize is not inexpensive, but is one of the worlds great gentleman's classics. Regards, Gordon
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

Any one try any of the aftershave balm type products available at Caswell-Massey (either a Caswell proprietary brand/scent or some of the others, e.g. "Helan" out of Italy)? I am currently using Trumper's Skin Food, however, finding it leaves my skin a bit dry after fully absorbing.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, Yes, I've tried the C-M own brand aftershave balms. Personally, I'm not a big fan of heavier balms of this type, or with pronounced scents of their own, but this is just a personal preference. For those who like classic balms, the C-M ones seemed to be of good quality, and are definately more moisturizing then is Skin Food. They struck me as more along the lines of the Truefitt & Hill aftershave balms. Regards, Gordon
Chris73

Post by Chris73 »

Thanks, Gordon. Just curious, what is your "staple" after shave at the moment and why?
Chris