English Fern

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
fisherc

English Fern

Post by fisherc »

Can anyone compare contrast English Fern from Trumper, Penhaligon and Bronnley ? I am most interested in the relative longevity and intensity.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, I assume that you're mainly talking about the colognes. Bronnley, to my knowledge, does not offer their English Fern scent in a genuine cologne strength, only in a 'body splash'. This is obviously quite a bit lighter. The Bronnley version is also a bit different then the other two, but I'm very fond of the soaps in that range. I did a post on the Penhaligons and Trumpers over on methodshaving.com last week. This scent is one of my favourite colognes, I've worn it for years, off and on. Despite my familiarity with it, I doubt I could tell the Trumpers from the Penhaligons unless they were side by side. They both have considerable staying power, especially for a 'green' type scent. In the past, I've usually bought the Penhaligons, partly from habit, and partly because of those fine bottles with the cut glass stoppers. From now on though, I'll probably go with the Trumpers, mainly because Penhaligon is no longer offering the English Fern cologne in splash bottles, only as sprays. Since I don't care for sprays, I'll probably go with Trumpers. Doesn't hurt that the Trumpers is about $15 cheaper as well, today. If I didn't address your questions adequately, or I can be of any more help, let me know. Regards, Gordon