Taylor's No.74 Victorian Limes

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, It is a little different, ain't it? If you think the Lime is different, wait til you sniff the 'Original'! I still stand by my statement that I think it's the best of the classic English Lime colognes, mainly because of that dry down. Royal Yacht/Taylors No74 Lime definately does not just rapidly fade away. The aftershave version is a little less...a...blatant...in the initial top note lime blast. Should go well with that Castle Forbes shave cream. Regards, Gordon
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Chris, I think that there have been some disertations done on that motif. Yeah, Royal Yacht/No74 Lime made my '10 Favourites' list, it's a superb citrus cologne. Cambridge Chemists in NY, had a regular customer, whose wife, EVERY Christmas, would come in and load up on Royal Yacht Lime products, it's the only scent that her well-to-do husband would wear. Nothing else would do. She was beside herself, when they could no longer get any. I actually was the one who told Scott to order the No74, that it was the same stuff. Now, they've always got half a dozen bottles of it, on the top shelf, and they say that the woman still comes in for it every year, before Christmas. Regards, Gordon