1828 Eau De Parfum

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
stbdtack

1828 Eau De Parfum

Post by stbdtack »

Has anyone tried this? It sounds great but I'm reluctant to drop $90 to find out for sure. http://www.caswellmassey.com/shopping/p ... ductID=920
--Pat Thayer
Living well is the best revenge.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Dear God, that sounds absolutely fantastic.
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

Here's another description with a link to the scent pyramid. http://www.histoiresdeparfums.com/shop/3-15.html
--Pat Thayer
fisherc

Post by fisherc »

It's pretty good but very light and discrete. On me it dries down to a very discrete citrus/tea type fragrance. This line also just released two new fragrances called Casanova (herbs and anise) and Marquis de Sade (patchouli and leather). I just received them today directly from the company in Paris. Both are very nice. Currently they are not distributd in the US so what you'll find is older stock. The owner of the company plans to begin redistributing in the sumer time frame.

Chris
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, The scents from this firm are not really to my taste, but they seemed to be of high quality ( which they bloody well better be, at that price! ). But don't let my take deter you, the truth is that there are VERY few European men's colognes that I really like. My taste is rather perculiar and specific. Hopefully, you can weasel a sample out of someone, before you buy. Regards, Gordon
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Thank you, Chris. Todd, yes, Knize Ten is one of the few CONTINENTAL European colognes that I do like. It was originally created at the Knize shop in Paris, in, I believe, 1924. Today it is actually manufactured by a firm near Munich, I'm told. I like a couple of the Santa Maria Novella colognes, and there are two or three from Creed that I think are okay, but mainly, I favor the English traditional style gentlemen's scents. Regards, Gordon
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

Creed -- foul stuff! -- in my opinion, which counts only for me!

"In 1760, in London, James Henry Creed founded the House of Creed, and it rapidly became a favorite with the English Court. Soon the House of Creed was chosen by the courts of Europe. From Napoléon III and Empress Eugénie of France to Franz Josef and Elisabeth of Austria-Hungary to Queen Christina of Spain, Creed's fragrance creations were recognized for their exceptional quality, refinement and originality.
In 1854, under Empress Eugénie, the House of Creed moved to Paris where it acquired further notoriety. With a very selective clientele, Creed went on to create more than two hundred unique and exclusive scents, all original and hand-made. Today, Olivier Creed, Master Perfumer of the House, upholds this tradition as the sixth in his family’s distinguished line.
Creed scents are created from essences of unparalleled quality and contain the highest percentages of natural components in the French perfume industry. Olivier Creed personally selects the purest rose essences from Bulgaria, Turkey or Morocco, jasmine and irises from Florence, tuberoses from India, genuine Parma violets...in his ongoing quest for the finest ingredients to be found in nature.
The infusion technique, now abandoned by modern industry, enables Mr. Creed, a perfectionist, to preserve the exceptional quality and originality of the fragrances that bear his family’s name. With an uncompromising attention to detail, each precious component is weighed, mixed, macerated and filtered by hand in the highest tradition of the founder, James Henry Creed.
For 240 years the House of Creed has been the choice of celebrities, royals and individuals of exceptional taste who seek the finest scents the world has to offer.
The Private Collection includes classic editions from the legendary House of Creed. Dating to previous centuries in our long and illustrious history, these renowned scents have captured the imagination and earned the admiration and loyalty of the royal courts of Europe and Hollywood elite. Among the most highly coveted fragrances in the world, scents from the Creed Private Collection are available only in 250 ml flacons. "
--Pat Thayer
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Todd, Yes, you definately seem to be strongly tending toward a similiar taste, to my own. If you have a Neiman Marcus store in KC, they stock Creed. You read the piece that Pat kindly provided, it's more or less accurate, but I've read a number of things written about some of the Creed fragrances, that I know are untrue. I don't know if these tales come from Creed itself, or publicists who simply invent them. Like Pat, I strongly dislike most of their men's and 'unisex' colognes, but there are a couple that I think are okay, but I wouldn't pay the price asked for them. Almost all the Creed scents currently being offered have really been created or re-blended by Oliver Creed within the last 25 years. I suspect that they have some really fine old blends in their archives, but Oliver seems most oppossed to offering anything that isn't one of his own personal 'creations'. Pity. Regards, Gordon
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

1828 Eau de Parfum --

I don't like it -- totally different than I expected from the descriptions.

I think it's a quality product that some of you will like a lot -- don't give up on it, but -- try it first.

I expected to be assulted (in a nice way) by strong citrus at the beginning followed by mellow, earthy sort of after notes. Not at all! I had to concentrate hard to detect the citrus, even in the beginning -- overall it came across to me as rather muddled -- everything too close together. My impression was like the old ice cream bar that had vanilla ice cream on the inside covered by orange sherbert - a bit cloying. Having said all that -- I was complemented on it by several women at an afternoon party today. . . Still, I'm not running for my checkbook.
--Pat Thayer
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Pat, Well, that was pretty much my take also (see above post). I have a suspicion that your taste runs along similiar channels as mine in this area. That is to say, that you're pretty hooked on the traditional English style gentlemen's scents. If you ever get a chance though, do take a sniff or two of the Knize Ten in the aftershave formulation. I think that you'd like it better then the eau de toilette. Maybe you wouldn't rush out and buy three bottles, but I think you'd like it better. Regards, Gordon
stbdtack

Post by stbdtack »

Gordon,
You're right, I do love the traditional English scents. I'll give the lighter version of Knise a try soon. Thanks.
--Pat Thayer