My first Semogue

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Z-2

My first Semogue

Post by Z-2 »

I am really impressed. On 31st December last year I've got my first Semogue Torga C3 boar brush. As I understand knot is similar (or same) like Semogue 620, just different handle.

I wanted from long time brush from this brand, so, I am more than happy :)

I also got a Captain's choice ceramic bowl. I never used bowl till now (15 years of face lathering), but I am impressed of it. Unfortunately I get better lather with gels, than soaps. Any thoughts?

Lolita Haze: Do you always have to shave twice a day?
Humbert Humbert: Yes, of course, because all the best people shave twice a day (from the film Lolita (1962))
CMur12

Re: My first Semogue

Post by CMur12 »

Z-2, congratulations on the new Semogue brush! My favorite boar and badger brushes have come from this company.

I'm not sure what to tell you about shaving soaps versus gel. It could depend upon the soap or your lathering technique, but the lather in your photo looks good. I can't really determine the quality of your lather without feeling it, however. It could also be that gels simply work best for you. In whatever case, I would suggest that you use whatever gives you the greatest shaving pleasure.

- Murray
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Semogue makes excellent boar, badger and boar/badger mix knots. I have one of each and find them very satisfying. They are outstanding value in terms of price, quality and performance, punching well above their weight in all respects.
Bryan
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

I made this video about the Torga C3 boar brush

For it's price , is outstanding , specially for the die hard facelathers out there with triple milled shaving soaps

brothers

Post by brothers »

You're a talented video-maker. I wouldn't even know where to start. Nice brush.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444