EXCLUSIVE - Rooney Shaving Brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Ditto on the review.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Gramps wrote:
JackieMartling wrote:Speaking of the conduct of gentlemen, is a bar-fight, mob mentality gentlemanly? I do not think what is going on with some of the posts in this thread is a question of ethical standards or gentlemanly conduct so much as reasoning ability. Does the word "lemming" mean anything to anybody? If you all want to get your hemorrhoids in a knot, jump on the bandwagon, and boycott Rooney on the basis of one person's account of the so-called facts, please go right ahead. That will just increase the chances for those who want a brush of actually being able to obtain one once they become available.
If you want one of these brushes Nathan, then you go right ahead and get one....
nobody I can think of will think the worse of you.

As for this "lemming" .... not!

There is a long history around these boards that a lot of us were not here for. I have done my research and asked the people involved, all the right questions and got answers.

I trust Joel's word (as a gentleman!) and back him up and Charles. There are some people with demonstrated integrity and there are some who only talk about it.

Charles was quite generous with the info re: negotiations with Rooney, on this board. We all pressed him for more info. Now, he gets shafted... No one deserves that kind of business practice ("Flim Flam").

- Gramps
Ditto
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Amusing

Post by guenron »

Well lads,
It is certainly good to be a member of a mob, an associate of a panderer, et al. Perhaps I miss a place with the fool..
Have a nice day! :P
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Rich

Post by Rich »

I am no lemming nor am I a member of a mob. I was there when this board was formed and know all the history first hand. I agree totally with Joel, this is bad juju's.
Rich
lint

Post by lint »

Im all for a good bandwagon :)

I hope Charles posts his opinion about this in the near future. Although knowing his past of not commenting on other products that he either sells or competes against, i have a feeling mum will be his word (publicly at least).

Ive just completed my 2nd purchase through him, and I must say he is quite respectable. I know how long he was trying to work out the deals with the Rooney brushes...

I hope the full story comes out soon...

todd
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

This is most depressing.
I think anyone who planned on marketing such things as high end brushes would have at least done enough of their homework to know dishonest and ungentlemanly conduct is bad business. R&B or rap videos? sure, they have a certain bad-boy image to entertain. High end shave brushes? the large majority of the people buying them (for whatever reason) hold themselves and those they do business with, to a higher standard. This is nothing against any of the retailers here or in the UK, either, so much as a mark against Rooney; or more specifically Mr. Sabini.
This Sabini (if this is all true in the context it seems) is definitely not the brightest star in the heavens, and is a smudge on both his family name and the industry he is a part of.
If he wishes to keep any sort of good reputation for his company, he will make this right. It isn't up to Charles, Ray, Robert, or any of the retailers; HE is the one who needs to right this. This could prove his company's undoing, and he likely doesn't even know it yet.
JohnP
razorguy

Post by razorguy »

My goodness, aren't we jumping to all sorts of drastic conclusions based on the unsubstantiated allegations of a single person's statements. And this same person is not even an involved party to that about which he's commenting!

We've heard nothing from any of the several actual parties involved, who might I add are far more likely to know the real details, yet so many have lined up behind the same "Leader" who has been well known in the past to present biased and uninformed ideas and opinions on a wide variety of issues.

For a group that so loudly and frequently proclaims "gentlemanly behavior" I certainly fail to see it practiced here!

razorguy
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

I have to assume that the vast majority of wet shavers are totaly unaware of this or any other shaving forum. While we might possess some small amount of marketplace power in the choices we make we are not going to bring Rooney's or any other manufacturer to their knees. Our power, if we have any, is in patronizing certain retailers and I think that we do this. To now start casting aspersions on any of the retailers we are familiar with I think is unjust.

Having had absolutely no first hand input from any of the pricipals in this matter I, for one, am not going to choose sides. Nor do I think that I have any right to know what went on behind the scenes, it's none of my business.

In a previous post the public embarassment of Charles was mentioned as one of the most grevious sins of this whole matter, had it not been brought up none of us would be the wiser and he would have been saved his humiliation.

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
razorguy

Post by razorguy »

clownjuggles,

Please refer me to the "tons of posts" on the subject at hand.

I have been following this forum since its inception and the only posts I can recall that even come close to relevence are some cryptic suggestions about "waiting to see" and "new Savile Row Brushes."

razorguy
clownjuggles
Resident Juggler

Post by clownjuggles »

Razorguy,

There are at least 30 some posts regarding rooney prior to yesterday. Mainly people asking charles about them. Charles asking people about their brush preferences, etc. All you have to do is use the search function.
Peter
"Attend the Tale of Sweeney Todd
His skin was pale and his eye was odd,
he shaved the faces of gentlemen who never
there after were heard of again. He trod a path
that few have trod, did Sweeney Todd,
The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Joel,

I appreciate both your post and your passion for this issue. As far as the history on this subject goes I am fully aware of it. While my posting name may have changed I was one of the original members of CR's first board and am aware of your history with Ray. If the old posts are still available you will find that at the time I sided with you and still blieve you to have been in the right. The only point I am trying to make in this issue is there is usually three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

I'm with you, let's put some gravy on this sumbitch and get back to the happier days of wet shaving.

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
razorguy

Post by razorguy »

Clownjuggles,

You're missing my point.

In all of the posts you are talking about all I see are references to Charles of QED offering a new line of "SAVILE ROW" brushes some of which may or may not have been made by Rooney. When and where did anyone ever say that you could buy a ROONEY brush from him?

razorguy