Beating SBAD one day at a time...

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Beating SBAD one day at a time...

Post by Bargepole »

...but for HOW LONG?

See, my new Plisson horn High Mountain #16 is in town, brought over by an American friend. Her flight got in at 12.15 yesterday. It's now 00:30 and I am still at home. I probably won't get to see it -- NO! NO! I mean see HER! How can I put seeing a shaving brush above seeing an OLD FRIEND of MORE THAN 25 YEARS' STANDING? Am I SICK? -- 'til Tuesday. But, you know, I'm cool with that. Do I seem anxious? Hmm? Does this strike you as an ANXIOUS MAN posting here? DOES IT? No. Of course not. Just get off my back, okay, you swines. I'm FINE.

I am . . . very . . . R E L A X E D, for God's sake, okay? OKAY?

Now I am going to sleep. [SWALLOWS 15mg ZOPICLONE WITH LORAZEPAM CHASER, WAITS FOR TREMORS TO SUBSIDE].

Good night everybody.

(did I mention that there's a Plisson #16 High Mo--

<THWACK>

Sorry. Thanks. Hysterical. Don't know what came over me. The pills are kicking in now. I'll be fine.
---

Michael
divotmax

Post by divotmax »

Michael;

I don't know why you would get concerned. The brush was probably confiscated at the airport check in by customs anyway for trying import illegal badger bristles.

See, all your worry was for nothing.

BobS
slcsteve

Post by slcsteve »

Michael

That Plisson is going to be a tough act to follow.............but i'm sure that you're up to the task.
Last edited by slcsteve on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve

Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europe vincendarum
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Michael, Well, given your long history with, and knowledge of, the best of shave goods purveyors ( not to mention that truly shocking list of 'must have' colognes ), I was curious as to your thoughts and preferences re: shaving brushes. I thought of inquiring, but, you see, I've been around here a long time, ( as well as being a therapist ), so I KNEW you'd bring it up on your own ( chuckle ). And sure enough, here it is! BTW, why is the Plisson coming from here, when there's droves of them sitting around in shops just across the Channel? Okay, I probably shouldn't ask....
Regards,
Gordon
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

15 mg Zopiclone and 20 mg lorazepam won't beat the symptoms of SBAD...you'd better take an overdose to succeed...

dr :shock: P
Peter
Horse Shaver

Post by Horse Shaver »

For God's sake man. Living in Cambridge I'm sure there's SOMETHING to do other than fritter away time so pointlessly. I'm sure you could head over to Kings College and sit in on a lecture on the diminutive Rhodesian Wombat or some such. Go to the Ministry of Silly Walks and watch the people coming and going. Whatever you do DO NOT stand in one place too long. It seems that people who do so in England are apt to have a 10 ton weight dropped on their head!! I've seen it on the tele!
Jeff

I'm just here for the free beer!
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Verb. sap.:

If you stand in Piccadilly Circus long enough, you will meet everyone you know, passing through.

If you stand in Oxford long enough, you will be appointed Master.

If you stand in Cambridge long enough, someone will explain how you should really be standing.