storing a brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
PonyPlayer

storing a brush

Post by PonyPlayer »

I just got a SR230 from Charles (I love the brush and I think the service from Charles was fabulous....thank you Charles). I didn't purchase a stand for the brush and was wondering the best way to store the brush when not in use. I've read that brushes should be stored with the bristles hanging down.
Obviously this is not an option without a stand.

Thanks.

Patrick
jvan
Mr. Vintage Himself

Post by jvan »

Patrick,

Are you trying to start a fight? Just kidding. I think that you will discover that half the chaps here come down on either side of this discussion whenever it surfaces. If you rinse your brush out very well and properly dispose of the remaining water by whatever method you choose I think that either option will work for you.

Myself, I lay my brushes on their side so as not to offend anyone. Just kidding again.

John
John V
"What one relishes, nourishes"

Benjamin Franklin
hedonist

Post by hedonist »

I dont use a stand, just shke vigorously after rinsing clean and then brush against a towel a few times and set to air dry on a countertop. Do not store in a cupboard or any closed area, allow to dry in an open non-humid area. I've used my Savile Row daily for ayear now with no stand and there has been absolutely no brush deterioration.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

hedonist wrote:I dont use a stand, just shke vigorously after rinsing clean and then brush against a towel a few times and set to air dry on a countertop. Do not store in a cupboard or any closed area, allow to dry in an open non-humid area. I've used my Savile Row daily for ayear now with no stand and there has been absolutely no brush deterioration.
Same here. Been using it for 4 months. Haven't lost a single hair.
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
razor_boy
King Of Hard Soaps

Post by razor_boy »

I also stand my Savile Row up on its base and is still as pretty as ever.

Paul.
A Peach looks good with lots of fuzz but man's no peach and never was. ~ Burma Shave
PonyPlayer

Post by PonyPlayer »

Well after reading quite a bit about the use of a stand or not debate....I decided that I will just set my brush on its end and let it dry. I just purchased the SR230 from QED and I love it. Then I go and read the review of the Shavemac XXL by Joel and I got an itch to buy one. I like the XXL model #167.

Just didn't know how to break the news to my wife....until I read the posts on needing 30 brushes so that they all have time to dry out properly. Thanks for your help :lol:

Patrick[/url]
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

PonyPlayer wrote:...SNIP... Then I go and read the review of the Shavemac XXL by Joel and I got an itch to buy one. I like the XXL model #167.

Just didn't know how to break the news to my wife....until I read the posts on needing 30 brushes so that they all have time to dry out properly. Thanks for your help :lol:

Patrick
What a MAN! I'm with you, 30mm knot or nothing! That 167 looks like a real lather maker! Now if I could just get up the courage to ask my spouse for the credit card... :(
Regards,
Ron
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather