Message from Simpson Brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Gatorade wrote:If you do go it may help to tell them that you know DrP. All you need to do is point to the portrait of them they have hanging in the main office. :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But, frankly spoken, i do not have the smaller versions of all their models.... :cry:

Peter
Peter
dszpiro

Post by dszpiro »

bernards66 wrote:...if contacted in advance, arrangements can sometimes be made to show you around a little bit, and it might even be possible to buy a brush on the spot
I think it would be great fun to visit the Simpson's works. However, I am reminded of that famous bit of advice: "Never visit the kitchen of your favorite restaurant." :wink:

Cheers,
Danny

Post by dridiot »

Hi Guys,

As far as I know, there is an office and a rural factory in Somerset. ( read your small leaflet that comes with every Simpsons)

Unit 9, Larchfield Estate,
Dowlish Ford, Ilminster,
Somerset TA 19 OPF England

Oriel House , Tabram's Pitch
Nailsworth, Stroud Gloucestershire
GL6 0BS England

The first is the factory's address and the second is the office's.
According to Mr Carter of Simpsons, it is about 50 ( miles/km ?????) away.

Oriel House, thats where Mr Carter usually works. How often he visits the rural factory in Somerset , I am not sure.

So, if any UK member is near Somerset, pay the factory a visit and let us know.

Regards,
Jason
Aldous

Post by Aldous »

The factory's about 3 miles from me.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Aldous, Well then, how's about you mossey on over, take a look, and tell us all exactly what's what? Inquiring minds want to know.
Regards,
Gordon
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

bernards66 wrote:Aldous, Well then, how's about you mossey on over, take a look, and tell us all exactly what's what? Inquiring minds want to know.
Regards,
Gordon
Take your spy camera as well. Get some pics of the outside and the super secret facility. Maybe they have a huge brush similar to the huge razor that sits outside of Feather. :shock: If you snap a pic of a brush that size outside, I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that DrP will be on a jet and will skydive to the location and attempt to buy it on the spot. :wink: That would be worth using your camera phone and posting the pic via the phone as well. You post it and inside of 30 minutes DrP drops from the sky! :lol:
--Charlie
AACJ wrote:Two words:

Duct Tape
Percypurps

Post by Percypurps »

Now we know where the factory is, couldn't a group of like minded individuals meet outside after the staff had gone home for the night and...
well, the rest is self explanatory :twisted:
dridiot

Post by dridiot »

Hi Aldous,

Go over to the factory and let us know any interesting finds.
My job to supply the address and yours to investigate.

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by dridiot on Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Gatorade wrote:
bernards66 wrote:Aldous, Well then, how's about you mossey on over, take a look, and tell us all exactly what's what? Inquiring minds want to know.
Regards,
Gordon
Take your spy camera as well. Get some pics of the outside and the super secret facility. Maybe they have a huge brush similar to the huge razor that sits outside of Feather. :shock: If you snap a pic of a brush that size outside, I can say with a fairly high degree of certainty that DrP will be on a jet and will skydive to the location and attempt to buy it on the spot. :wink: That would be worth using your camera phone and posting the pic via the phone as well. You post it and inside of 30 minutes DrP drops from the sky! :lol:
Yes hello, i'm over here, posting right from the Sancta Sanctorum (with my PDA via a wireless internet connection through HSDPA; how is it possible that there's coverage here in Somerset BTW... :roll: ).

There's a HUGE GIANT SHAVING BRUSH in the center of the factory...the handle is about 5m high and the loft even 7m; right now i'm wondering how to take it with me; please post your suggestions asap cause i believe i hear a sirene outside the factory.....
Peter
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

drP wrote:
Gatorade wrote:
Regards,
Gordon

Yes hello, i'm over here, posting right from the Sancta Sanctorum (with my PDA via a wireless internet connection through HSDPA; how is it possible that there's coverage here in Somerset BTW... :roll: ).

There's a HUGE GIANT SHAVING BRUSH in the center of the factory...the handle is about 5m high and the loft even 7m; right now i'm wondering how to take it with me; please post your suggestions asap cause i believe i hear a sirene outside the factory.....
Tuck it under your overcoat and act natural!
--Charlie

Duct Tape
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Well, it's too late now...i'm hiding for David Carter who just entered the factory together with the police..

Quick add: the brush was covered with a thick layer of dust; when i tried to remove with water the decal came off....hope mr. Carter doesn't discover it...
Peter
Gatorade

Post by Gatorade »

drP wrote:Well, it's too late now...i'm hiding for David Carter who just entered the factory together with the police..

Quick add: the brush was covered with a thick layer of dust; when i tried to remove with water the decal came off....hope mr. Carter doesn't discover it...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Get it home, then email Mr. Carter for a replacement decal. Should be about 1 meter large. Then give your sympathies to the recent break in that you heard about. He won't be suspicious at all. :shock:
--Charlie

Duct Tape
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(we're again way off topic but a thread without a laugh is a bad thread :roll: .....)
Peter
alchemist

Post by alchemist »

bernards66 wrote:Brian, I agree. I don't think that's it's unreasonable or questionable for Simpson to request the defective brush back. They are going to replace it, and that's all you can ask. And, if I read the above correspondence correctly, all the customer has to do IS return it to Lee, and not pay international shipping, if he doesn't chose to. It's very fair, IMO.
Regards,
Gordon
My thoughts entirely; it did say that the brush can be returned to Lee. I think their service and the letter was very polite and courteous and more than a lot of company's would do under the circumstance. I love my Simpsons Duke 3 and think its the best brush i have in terms of overall quality of the product.
I can see how some folk might be a little troubled by the need to return it however; differences of opinion, which is cool. Wish more of the world would accept differences of opinion, but that's another topic for another forum. :)
Cheers,
-Mahesh
northadams
Mad Max

Post by northadams »

Funny timing last night when 'Antiques Roadshow' on PBS featured Stroud last night.

Max
kirkawall

Post by kirkawall »

Hi all,

Long time no post -- I had a similar problem with a T3. I returned it to Lee, who returned it to Simpson's, who then made me another (perfect) brush and shipped it straight out. Now I'm the proud owner of a 5-metre tall Tulip 3 and I absolutely love it. I use our pool as a scuttle. What a lather!

best,

k
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

I hope Simpson's doesn't get firebombed by some ALF/PETA loony now.
Richard
Joedy

Post by Joedy »

rustyblade wrote:I hope Simpson's doesn't get firebombed by some ALF/PETA loony now.
People Eating Tasty Animals ...?

Why would they care if we're interested in Badgers?

PETA is the reason that I still believe in euthanasia for undesirable entities in our culture.

-joedy