Looking for a medium size soft brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
ead

Looking for a medium size soft brush

Post by ead »

Hello
I am looking for the BEST brush out there
A 23-24mm size (medium) with a nice soft SilverTip hair, I want it to be as much as dense as it can be
A nice handle will do to
And a long tall hair and handle will do it too (I prefer longer brushes)

Any suggestion ?
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

www.shavemac.com

Nothing better!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

Have a look at Shavemac's selection in this type of brushes.

Or, for variety, his long-handled brushes.

There is no one "best" brush anywhere, but I think you will not be disappointed.

Or, (for something completely different) how about a Rooney style 3 medium?
ead

Post by ead »

notthesharpest wrote:Have a look at Shavemac's selection in this type of brushes.

Or, for variety, his long-handled brushes.

There is no one "best" brush anywhere, but I think you will not be disappointed.

Or, (for something completely different) how about a Rooney style 3 medium?
Yeah I was thinking about this two also
The Rooney style 3 seem very nice and so is the ShaveMac
But
What is the different between Ronny Super and Finest ?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

Kent BK4
Richard
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

ead wrote:What is the different between Ronny Super and Finest ?
If you want a good answer, ask Jim at Vintage Blades. He has handled them both, and is very helpful - a good guy to buy from as well.

But basically, I think the super is not as stiff as the finest.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

ead, Well, there is no absolute 'best', a lot of factors enter into one's evaluation of a brush. Given what you said; I'd suggest either a Simpson Harvard #4 or a Rooney Super or Finest, Style 3, medium. Both of these are truly superb brushes.
Regards,
Gordon
ead

Post by ead »

bernards66 wrote:ead, Well, there is no absolute 'best', a lot of factors enter into one's evaluation of a brush. Given what you said; I'd suggest either a Simpson Harvard #4 or a Rooney Super or Finest, Style 3, medium. Both of these are truly superb brushes.
Regards,
Gordon
How is the Finest vs Super of Rooney? witch one is softer or stiffer?
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

ead wrote:
bernards66 wrote:ead, Well, there is no absolute 'best', a lot of factors enter into one's evaluation of a brush. Given what you said; I'd suggest either a Simpson Harvard #4 or a Rooney Super or Finest, Style 3, medium. Both of these are truly superb brushes.
Regards,
Gordon
Finests start at $209 if that will quickly make the decision for you. Finests have soft tips and stiff shafts. Perfect for a shave brush.
Richard
ead

Post by ead »

rustyblade wrote:
ead wrote:
Regards,
Gordon
Finests start at $209 if that will quickly make the decision for you. Finests have soft tips and stiff shafts. Perfect for a shave brush.
Amm isn't the Finest is a little bit stiffer for use?
Also, I don't think the $ will be an issue, because I want to get rid of BAD (this is how you say it?!) so I will have only ONE good brush for many years to come
rustyblade
Shaving Paparazzo

Post by rustyblade »

ead wrote: Amm isn't the Finest is a little bit stiffer for use?
Also, I don't think the $ will be an issue, because I want to get rid of BAD (this is how you say it?!) so I will have only ONE good brush for many years to come
First off, there is no getting rid of SBAD. Yes, the finest is stiffer when used in a scrubbing motions, but is very soft when used in a painting motion (because of the soft tips). It is quite a remarkable brush.
Richard
ead

Post by ead »

rustyblade wrote:
ead wrote: Amm isn't the Finest is a little bit stiffer for use?
First off, there is no getting rid of SBAD. Yes, the finest is stiffer when used in a scrubbing motions, but is very soft when used in a painting motion (because of the soft tips). It is quite a remarkable brush.
Do you have it?
I have come to notice than I have "senstive" skin when it come to scrubbing motions (and I love creating lather on the face), so I want something that will be more "easy" with my face
Racso_MS
Merkur Man

Post by Racso_MS »

EAD,

You've been around long enough to know that "There is no such thing as the best brush!" out there.

It all boils down to individual preference. I've seen your posts and I know you read everything on this forum and B&B.

Now if you are asking what the members think as their preference, then you should get a varied response.

I really enjoy my brush from Shavemac, but I also like my Vulfix, my Omega and my Col Conk. Shoot, DrP has 189 brushes listed in his signature block. You have a very good one you are trying to sell. You are just going to have to experiment until you find one that is just perfect for you.

Enjoy your shave... :)
Best Regards From the Deep South...
Remember; It's Not A Race, It's Your Face...
And As Always, Enjoy Your Shave...
(Racso) Oscar...