Concord Shaving Brush?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Concord Shaving Brush?

Post by mantic »

Gents-- Anyone have experience with Concord shaving brushes? I came across three brushes in a small gift shop in the little town I live in; the sales woman in the store didn't know anything about them, other than she thought they were Italian-made. One was obviously boar, another was probably pure badger, and the third was a better badger. The handles appeared to be chrome and pretty decent size (~4 inches?). I'm assuming they're over-priced, as they wanted US$40 (!) for the boar brush, $60 for the pure badger, and $80 for the better badger. Still, I don't want to pass up what might be a good deal. Comments?

--Mark
Evan

Post by Evan »

Funny you should ask. I bought a pretty large Pure Badger Concord brush today for $36. I'll be using it in the morning, and I'll let you know how it performs!

Evan
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Concord photo

Post by qed-usa »

Evan -

If possible post a photo of the Concord. I may be able to help on the maker if I can see an actual brush. Or is there a website where I see see at least some of the collection?

Charles
Q E D
Evan

Post by Evan »

Heres a pic I found on a website.

Evan
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Concord shaving brush

Post by qed-usa »

Evan -

Thanks for posting the photo.

Though Omega of Italy makes MANY brush styles, I do not recognize this brush as one of them. That's not to say it isn't a new addition.

Though many of Omega's badger brushes have a nice rounded head (as this Concord seems to have), the hair tends to be longer.

I have seen brushes from Italy marketed under names other than Omega though from the styles it is quite obvious Omega is the real maker.

To be honest, the general look of the Concord is more of German or Scandinavian manufacture, but I could be wrong.

In the final analysis, perhaps the identity of the real maker does not matter to most people ... performance may be all that counts. Unfortunately, I know nothing about the quality reputation of a "Concord".

Charles
Q E D
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Concord [a 2nd observation]

Post by qed-usa »

Evan -

As best I can make out "Concord" is the name of a firm, or at least a brand name, that offers Italian and English imports.

The look of some of the Concord sets show - to my eye, anyway - signs of German parts, if in fact those sets are not entirely made in Germany. In the end, how important the country of manufacture is to an individual is obviously a personal call.

Of course, it could be that I am all wrong with my analysis. I am not out to bad-mouth Concord. In the end, I will always suggest to try a product and come to your own conclusion. Unfortunately, with shaving brushes, it is not possible to buy inexpensive samples first.

Charles
Q E D