Cheapest shaving bowl ever

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
proFeign

Cheapest shaving bowl ever

Post by proFeign »

For those that gots to keep it ghetto, as it were:

I just picked up a black plastic hollow salsa bowl (with feet) such as they use in mexican restauruants. $1.99 from linens n' things and it's insulated really well (hollow walls) and the textured surface makes whipping up a good lather considerably faster. Also it's the perfect size and it comes clean super-easily and it's totally unbreakable.

I think I'm going to use an old wood xacto knife box to store my razors now too. I like the non-pro setup; it makes it more my own thing...

Also I bent a razor and brush stand out of an old coat hanger. Sweet. Total cost of all this stuff is about $11...
proFeign -
Dovo Bergischer Lowe / Dovo 4/8 / WB 6/8 ~1870 / Slim Boy / Norton 4000-8000
jslfl

Post by jslfl »

I like the bowl idea. A+ on the other efforts!
Steve/Bronco

Post by jpolaski »

I almost used the same thing! Wal-Mart sells them. I ended up going with a Berry bowl from Corelle. If you've ever used Corelle dishes, you'd know, they're practically unbreakable yet look like glass. I like a little old fashioned class for my things, so I went with a white bowl. Works great and just the right size :)
"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older."
timc

Post by timc »

You should take some pictures to post in the Do-It-Yourself Corner.

http://www.shavemyface.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11033
- Tim -
"You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains."
final_id

Post by final_id »

I concur on the idea of a slightly textured interior for your lathering bowl. I use a ceramic cereal bowl that has a "rustic" finish to its glaze, with little bubbles and nubbles on it. These items give an edge for the cream to react against.

I'm going to look for one of those salsa taco-dipping saucers, the lady of the house is getting tired of having one too few cereal bowls every time the dishes are washed ...
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

final_id wrote:I concur on the idea of a slightly textured interior for your lathering bowl. I use a ceramic cereal bowl that has a "rustic" finish to its glaze, with little bubbles and nubbles on it. These items give an edge for the cream to react against.
A stubbly beard works very nicely in this regard... :D
ZiggyDeath

Post by ZiggyDeath »

final_id wrote:the lady of the house is getting tired of having one too few cereal bowls every time the dishes are washed ...
well, you know those dishes are getting washed if you're using a soap... :D

i use a corelle from walmart as well, got a beige colored one
wolfemi1

Post by wolfemi1 »

As far as mine goes, I can heartily recommend the Large Latte Mug from Target. I picked mine up for $3.99, and it's really for me to just hold it in my left hand while whipping up the lather, and the handle makes it harder to drop. Great stuff!
minderasr

Post by minderasr »

+1 on the large latte cup. I picked mine up at Good Will for $0.59

8)
-= Jim =-

"If your knot flops and splays you are working it too hard."