Concord Brush?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Concord Brush?

Post by mantic »

A local ( :!: ) gift shop has a Concord shaving brush on sale: $55, off from $80. Badger, probably pure but possibly better, with a chrome (pewter?) handle. Worth picking up :?:
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Do a little research on the internet and see what they are going for. Thats what I do. You may have found a great bargain or maybe $50 is the asking price on the internet. Look for some reviews also and of course ask Charles.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Here is a link that carries Concord brushes. See if you can locate the brush that you saw. They have many different Concord brushes. Make sure you go trough all the pages.

http://www.knoxcigar.com/shavingbrushes1.html
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

Johnny-- Thanks for the link. Sure 'nuff, here it is:

http://www.knoxcigar.com/cochbashbr.html

$65 at Knox.
qed-usa
owner of qedusa.com

Post by qed-usa »

Mantic / Johnnie:

I have seen the Concord name around, but I am not familiar with the company. Where is the brush made? Supposedly Italy? The only firm in Italy I know who makes brushes is Omega, and I do not recognize this as an Omega brush. It looks German to me, and if that's the case, it is very probably well made. The hair is no doubt pure badger, which is a good grade of hair. German-made metal-handled brushes in pure badger are normally not inexpensive. A brush with the same grade and quantity of hair but with a mock-ivory (resin) handle, can normally be gotten for less money. However, if the metal and its style have caught your eye (and I can see why it has) then I doubt you can get a German brush for much less money. If you want to price compare, do so against other German-made brushes with metal handles and pure badger hair.

Does this help?

Regards,
Charles
Q E D
Johnnie
Shave This

Post by Johnnie »

Maybe $55 isn't a bad deal plus tax. Still less than shipping. Maybe you can find some reviews from people who have used Concord.
Johnnie
Keep it Wet
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

As near as I can tell its just a pure badger brush. I have two of those already (plus my Savile Row super). If it was a better grade brush I'd probably get it but given what I know I'm going to pass on it unless they mark it down even further. :P

--Mark