Grading The SMF Forum Brush After Two Months

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Morning Gents,

I am a customer of Enchante, have been to the shop, met the owners, visited, bought stuff and made subsequent purchases. Enough that they keep my credit no. on file. They run a bespoke shop and I will patronize such places on principal alone.

Charles is a very plesant and informative person to visit and deal with and I have a deep respect for the research he has done and knowledge he has accumulated, all of which he freely shares with anyone who simply picks up a phone.

The methods I've developed over the years work fine for me but I think almost anyone can pick up something useful from a conversation with Charles, if its only a slightly altered perspective.

I don't use the terminology though. When I talk to someone my first effort is to communicate. For instance when I take my car to the quick change oil clinic I don't ask the guy to 'see to my motor carriage'.
Regards,
Squire
Joe Lerch

Post by Joe Lerch »

Squires post focuses us on the real issue. There's a lot of potential benefit here for all of us if we focus on substance.

We all know about CAR's writing, but we also know enough to believe we can gain something from him and his system. Let's get past the writing and let's not punish the messenger (Brett) for it.

As far as I'm concerned Brett is just another member with knowledge that we don't have and that we all can learn from. Let's not impede that process by continuing to harp on the language!

Let's move on.

BRETT, please tell us about the concept of beard reduction and how it can help us. Maybe you can start another thread, because this one is already too long and loaded up with all sorts of other issues.
Joe
ARenaissanceMan

Post by ARenaissanceMan »

Hugo wrote:InjuryLaw,
Your stupefaction is justifiable and yet forgivable in this instance. CAR's writing, which is an adumbration of RWSM, has often the appearance of aposiopesis, when in fact it is most likely due to the readers own apathy. When you add to this the "Methodists" flagrant miscarriage of established terminology anyone can clearly see the dilemma created for the "outsider".
Hang in there, facilitation is forthcoming.
I think I just wore out my Thesarus :lol:
Gramps
Canadian Badass

Post by Gramps »

clarkkent333 wrote:
Your stupefaction is justifiable and yet forgivable in this instance. CAR's writing, which is an adumbration of RWSM, has often the appearance of aposiopesis, when in fact it is most likely due to the readers own apathy. When you add to this the "Methodists" flagrant miscarriage of established terminology anyone can clearly see the dilemma created for the "outsider".
I think I just wore out my Thesarus :lol:

And my dictionary went up in flames... too :lol:

- Gramps
~~ Larry ~~
JohnP
Hookahman

Post by JohnP »

hilarious.
John P.
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

My brush has been holding up superbly. I am quite satisified with it.
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Post by mantic »

My brush is also working out extremely well. After getting past the learning curve of such a large, water-holding brush, I'm getting consistantly excellent lather with very little cream/soap. I lost a few hairs early-on, but haven't seen anything since. No problems with the wood. I showed it to my father-in-law a few weeks ago, and he was quite impressed with it (no small feat).

--Mark
Austin
Don't mess with Texas!

Post by Austin »

Chris wrote:My brush has been holding up superbly. I am quite satisified with it.
Ditto!
Chris
Official SMF "Pit Bull"

Post by Chris »

Austin wrote:
Chris wrote:My brush has been holding up superbly. I am quite satisified with it.
Ditto!
I mainly use the SMF brush and the Shavemac XXL. I switch up between them, makes for a great change of pace.
Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
And I watch 'em roll away again
rtaylor61
Old Spice

Post by rtaylor61 »

I generally use my SMF brush every 3 days...it's in rotation, and it does not get babied at all. No lost hairs, no issues with the wood, just great lather! I just purchased a cocobola scaled straight razor. Once I have it, I'll post pics of the set!

Randy
"I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." J. B. Books
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

Austin wrote:
Ditto!
Ditto that Ditto.
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

i'll see your ditto ron, and raise you one.

sam
guenron
Ich wünsche, daß ich deutsch war

Post by guenron »

tngentleman1 wrote:i'll see your ditto ron, and raise you one.

sam
:)
Regards,
Ron

Better Living Thru Lather