John Bull

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Dick Danger

John Bull

Post by Dick Danger »

Has anyone here tried a John Bull brush? It looks nice, but it seems kinda pricey.
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

They are actually Simpsons brushes. So if you want to know how they "behave", look at Simpsons.

Peter
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Chris,

"Simpsons state that retailers can commission their own exclusive shapes provided these are ordered in minimum quantities of 12 dozen.
Retailers may also have shaving brushes stamped with their own stamps which are cast in a foundry in Birmingham and supplied at cost. Subsequent stamping is carried out at no extra cost.
Substantial orders may also be packed in boxes wrapped in exclusive colors with own labels charged at cost only."

(quotation out of a Simpsons catalogue)

Peter
Dick Danger

Post by Dick Danger »

Now I know what I'm going to do if I win the lottery.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Evening, Yes indeed. 'John Bull' has been a store brand name of Cambridge Chemists, in NYC, for many many years. In the past, many of the best 'John Bull' brushes were Rooneys. For a number of years now, they have been Simpsons. Cambridge probably has the largest selection of different Simpson models on hand, to examine, of any shop in the US. You won't get any bargains there, but the selection is very broad. Cambridge Chemists was actually quite helpful to Charles Roberts, when he was just starting up his business. Any serious wetshaver who has the opportunity to visit the shop, owes it to himself to do so. Regards, Gordon