T&H Plisson Brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
shaveshell

T&H Plisson Brushes

Post by shaveshell »

Guys, I noticed that their website sells Plisson brushes. It says they're the European White Mountain badger hair. Anybody know if that's the HMW that everybody is always raving about or the European White, which seems from the Plisson webstie to be their second from the top?
-Matt

http://www.truefittandhill.com/category_brushes.html
Last edited by shaveshell on Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yomuppet

Post by yomuppet »

My guess would be the European White.

J
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Matt, It's European White, not HMW....not that there's necessarily a great deal of difference.
Regards,
Gordon
shaveshell

Post by shaveshell »

Really? You don't think there's that much of a difference?
Slant-Fan

Post by Slant-Fan »

I have 2 of each and there is not a great deal of difference. The EW is way more bang for the buck and a fine badger hair.
Regards,

jimmy
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Matt, Well, there you have it from Jimmy. T&H NA is overcharging for those brushes. I've mentioned that to them. One normally gets a better deal going with European White, but T&H NA is charging top HMW prices for the brushes they're offering. I have to assume that their intended market is gents with loads of money but little knowledge of what they're buying or what it 'should' cost......or little concern. AOS always overcharged for Plisson brushes as well. You could always get a better deal from Atkinsons or Colonial Drug, or even Clyde's on Madison.
Regards,
Gordon
shaveshell

Post by shaveshell »

Really? With the discount, this brush seemed to be just about the same price at Atkinsons, no? Thanks for the input!
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Matt, They're European Whites, NOT HMWs. They should not cost that much. Call Cathie at Colonial Drug for a price check.
Regards,
Gordon