Finest I've Ever Used!

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
prism

Finest I've Ever Used!

Post by prism »

My Plisson HMW 14 arrived yesterday! It is beautiful!! I was pleasantly surprised at the heft of the handle, and overjoyed at the size of the brush! After a brief ribbon-cutting ceremony this morning, it was time to see what this brush could do. I used a sample of Castle Forbes lavender cream that Cathy sent along. I know these brushes hold water, but my God, this thing is a sponge! It was'nt long before my mug was literally overflowing with lather (yes, I used too much cream!) So, how did it feel applying the lather? Luxuriant; incredibly soft, but with amazing backbone! Buzz was right; this was not the hair that I've been used to. It feels better. I really love this brush, and am very happy that I "pulled the trigger!" Thanks to all of the gentlemen who helped me make the decision! As for dealing with Cathy and Colonial, please see my thread in the Shopping forum. She was VERY generous!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
m3m0ryleak

Post by m3m0ryleak »

Congrats on your purchase, shave in good health. I am in deepest envy =P~
Tony

"They say that dreams are growing wild just this side of Burma Shave" - Tom Waits
druphus

Post by druphus »

Vic, is that a photo of the actual brush you purchased?
Regards,
Andy
prism

Post by prism »

Yes Andy, that's the one!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
druphus

Post by druphus »

Very nice Vic, plus a nice photo for your scrapbook!
Regards,
Andy
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Use in good health....you are plisson worthy thats for sure :lol:

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

Hey! I am glad it worked out for you...maybe I'll get a second brush some day just like it. You do, however, have one serious problem. Gordon, who covets an HMW set in ivory resin, is now your mortal enemy for ever. Sorry.

Buzz
prism

Post by prism »

Thanks for the congrats Buzz. As for Gordon, well, that's disturbing! I mean, why would he encourage me the way he did? Unless.........you're implying that there are TWO Gordons? No, sounds too fantastic to be true....Gordon and Anti- Gordon? Aw, c'mon......still, 21,800 posts (and counting) is an awful lot for one man...NO! I refuse to believe it! There must be another answer. Now you've got me paranoid!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
prism

Post by prism »

m3m0ryleak wrote:Congrats on your purchase, shave in good health. I am in deepest envy =P~
Thanks TOny, it was worth the wait! I know carrying on after just one shave might be a little overboard, but this brush really was lights-out this morning! Clive, I appreciate it; if this brush is anything like my last one, it will outlive me!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

It looks like a beauty. Enjoy and may it lather readily for years.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
marsos52

Post by marsos52 »

so nice,,,

there is a lot of pride of ownership when having something like a plisson

marc
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Vic, Since I urged you to go ahead, I'm certainly glad that you're pleased. Don't mind Buzz, he's just messing with your head ( chuckle ). Actually, I already HAVE that brush, more or less anyway. Granted, mine's a three band, which while not as striking visually, may be even more to my preference in other ways. And the handle is faux tortoise rather than faux ivory, but then again, I didn't pay $350 for it either. As you say, it holds an amazing amount of water and whips up superb and plentiful lather. I use mine mainly with hard soaps and only in the front bathroom where the water is cleaner. Congrats. on a most tasteful purchase.
Regards,
Gordon
Pureslab

Post by Pureslab »

Nice 1 !

Use it well...
prism

Post by prism »

Thanks Gordon, I thought Buzz was messing with me, but it's good to have it confirmed! Seriously, I love the brush; it's going to take a little getting used to as far as the amount of water it holds. That's ok, it's going to be fun experimenting with ratios and technique. My lather yesterday was a little thin, but by no means inadequate. It's funny you mention the tortoise, I was considering that one for a long time. It's very handsome looking!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

Beautiful brush, Vic!
Regards,
David
PT

Post by PT »

Very sexy!
Antique Hoosier

Post by Antique Hoosier »

Glad you are pleased. Life is short, you might as well have nice toys!
Mike
prism

Post by prism »

Thanks Mike and to all the other gentlemen for their well-wishes. I have to admit that this brush is a bit of a challenge to master, so everyday I tweak a little here and there, and the results are impressive. I can't get over how much lather this thing generates and holds! Buzz made a good point recently when he noted that it can take more than a few shaves to really know your brush and how to get the most out of it. The learning part of this is a lot of fun!
Make Mine Menthol! Vic