Vulfix #38

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Dear colleague Chris,

You won't believe this, but i got four of these #38:
two in pure badger from AE Hobbs, two in Super badger from classicshaving.com
got one standing on my sink, one on my desk, and two in a vitrine case in my study.
I know, it's rather overdone and a little bit OCD but i just love these beautiful big shaving brushes: to look at them and to feel them; kind of a fetish probably, but who cares????

Peter
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Chris,

You're a retired physician, and i'm currently a physician who's working night 'n day....

explains a lot about difference in funds i guess....

Plus the OCD component i think:)

Ehhhhhhhhhh..do you know how many top shelf brushes i have??
If you do, than you definitely will label this as OCD, as Joel did before;
therefore, i dare not to say it, but is more than 27............

Peter
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Peter! 27+ brushes is amazing! Feel free to posts some pics sometime. I bet that would be an impressive sight to behold! I definitely have brush envy :-P

Vince
:::Vince:::
rschul2

Post by rschul2 »

Wow, 27-plus brushes. I had a hard time convincing myself to buy a second one :D .
Randy
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Done this before on the wetshaverforum, and will now do it once on this forum; currently my brushcollection:

Simpsons:
chubby#3 ST, Polo# 12 ST, Tulip #4, Emperor #3, Persian Jar #3 ST, Major in best and ST, the Case, Polo Manchurian #14, Chubby Manchurian #3, 2 vintage Simpsons in pure badger

Plisson:
#20 High Mountain White badger horn handled; vintage ST brush with albast handle

Vulfix:
#38 Pure 2x, Super 2x, #40, #41, #277, #2236, Turnback Travel

Kent:

BK12, BK4, T12, vintage genuine ivory handled ST

Rooney: vintage boar&badger bristle catalin handled

Omega: horn handled super badger

Is this more than 27?? I count 29 and yet one more brush to come.....!

You may see this as a collection behaviour that went totally out of control; some name it OCD; but whatever, i like them all:)...........

Peter
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Peter...Simply amazing and impressive. I'll be sure to consult with you before I invest in my next brush! You obviously have the experience with such a wide range.

Vince
:::Vince:::
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Peter, Well, well, your collection continues to grow. I see that you have added one of those high end Omega brushes that I posted about. Have you used it for shaving? What do you think of it, compared to the other comparable brushes that you have? As far as I know, no one else on the forums has used one. Regards, Gordon
Enrico

Post by Enrico »

Peter,

I purchased the "Horn Imitation" brush shown in the lower left side of the following web page:

http://www.shavemac.com/index.php?lang= ... el=2&cat=4

Do you happen to know who makes these?
It is a wonderful brush, and I think it compares very well with the other top end English brushes that I own. It is very soft and seems to have a lot more hair than some of the others.
I am really interested to find out some info on the manufacturer.
Regards,

Steve
Blenheim

Post by Blenheim »

Enrico wrote: Do you happen to know who makes these?
Shavemac. They're not only retailers, they are brushmakers, too.
Best
Chris
drP
Shaving Brush Stockpiler

Post by drP »

Gordon,

The omega brush has very, very soft and flexible bristles; it seems to me as it are the softest bristles of all my brushes, even softer than Kent and Vulfix; i haven't used this brush yet, but in fact i do believe this brush to perform as well as my other super badger brushes.

Peter

PS: next brush to come is a (european?, manchurian?) vintage travel brush of Plisson in a metal tube bought on ebay France for $26,-.......
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Peter, What a guy! Absolutely relentless! Thanks for the report on the Omega. It's a little strange because the ones I looked at in NYC had quite stiff, resilant bristle, almost, but not quite, like genuine silvertip. It surprised me. I still think that you should cross over to London, go to Sutherland Street, and bang loudly on the door of RA Rooney and demand to know what is going on?, WHERE are their brushes??! There are all these men on these forums waiting on them, and they seem to be dithering around. Let them know that we are NOT amused. Regards, Gordon