Morris&Forndran

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Sodapopjones

Post by Sodapopjones »

It seems the majority of people are going with the Blonde Badger, I'm curious hows the 3 Band Super doing?
Hi, my name is Aaron and I'm the poster boy for Omega.
Paul12644

Post by Paul12644 »

The 3 amigos: My 27mm x 53mm blonde badger in horn, a Rooney in horn 24mm x 48 mm, and a faux horn Simpson Astor.

[/url]
MaxP

Post by MaxP »

The Astor looks slightly scruffy compared to the others, huh?
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
Paul12644

Post by Paul12644 »

Hi Max,

The Rooney and M & F badger are both newer brushes and more dense than the Astor. I could remove the scruffiness from the Astor. I just haven't taken the time to do it, but I think I will.
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

These are outstanding brushes IMO. Lee Sabini is very pleasant to work with. To get truly bespoke brushes with such first rate knots is a unique combination and at very reasonable prices. Such innovation in an old line business is very refreshing.

Rick
drumana

Post by drumana »

Rick - love the looks of your brush
-Andrew-
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just so I can avoid letting myself worry, what has been the average shipping time on a brush from Lee to a USA address? I am assuming he's based in UK. Is that right? This coming Monday will mark two weeks.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
river1

Post by river1 »

Rick, I like the looks of your brush and the band and cap gives it a custom look.
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

brothers wrote:Just so I can avoid letting myself worry, what has been the average shipping time on a brush from Lee to a USA address? I am assuming he's based in UK. Is that right? This coming Monday will mark two weeks.
Should be soon. I seem to average 11 days.

Ken

(edit - yes, Lee's in London)
iKon OSS, Med Preps, MdC AOS ASB..... Perfection!
SirWhiskers

Post by SirWhiskers »

Yes, a bit over 2 weeks was my experience too. Though I've seen others report 4-5 weeks. USPS = YMMV. It will arrive don't worry, it's signature required so you will have to be around to sign for it or go to the PO to pick it up yourself.
Have a great shave!
My (anything but) Zen Den
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's my trophy brush. The mailing label indicates it was shipped on July 13th. 7 day trip. Not bad. This one's in perfect proportion, according to my eyes. The caliper tells me it's spot on at 30 x 60. This is the before shot. I want to say thank you to Lee Sabini. What a work of art.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Sodapopjones

Post by Sodapopjones »

Very nice Gary, I like that handle design myself and the knot looks wonderful!
Hi, my name is Aaron and I'm the poster boy for Omega.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Here's the M&F 30x60 post bloom, standing between the BK8 and the Big Rooney for perspective.

Gary

SirWhiskers

Post by SirWhiskers »

There's a M&F soap available now too. Here's the relevant post over at B&B:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread ... ost3314273

I'll quote it here but all credit goes to the original poster:
If you order a brush from Lee, you also need to order some of his soap. It's really good! The ingredients are: Aqua (Water), Sandalwood oil, Aloe Vera, Shea butter, Cocoa butter, Kokum butter, Coconut oil, Castor oil, Olive oil, Basil oil, Glycerine, Fenugreek, Turmeric, Fullers earth, SLEL (Palm oil), Sugar, (Sorbitol), Propylene glycol.

Have a great shave!
My (anything but) Zen Den
brothers

Post by brothers »

Today I was able to use the M&F 30/60 with the reformulated English Fern (lather courtesy of Palmolive). I used distilled water, of course, because I have to if I want a nice lather. The EF is in stick form and required face-lathering. The M&F perormed great. I don't feel any scritchiness at all. It would be hard for me to imagine other higher priced brushes by a factor of 2 or even 3 perfoming any better.
Gary

MaxP

Post by MaxP »

I ordered on the 2nd. Still not here. Lee's Royal Mail tracking number shows it made it to the US. From there...who knows?
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
mhdena

Post by mhdena »

Mine have all arrived in 7 to 9 days.
MaxP

Post by MaxP »

mhdena wrote:Mine have all arrived in 7 to 9 days.
Dang. I live in Iowa. Maybe the train is slow coming here from the coast :-)
Regards,

MaxP

MaxP

Post by MaxP »

Still no brush!

Any advice?
Regards,

MaxP

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Follow the tracking as the problem is evidently with the carrier, not the source.
Regards,
Squire