Mold on a Shaving Brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Post Reply
scruffy
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:24 am
Location: New York, NY

Mold on a Shaving Brush

Post by scruffy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:13 am

I have a synthetic wood brush which I thought I was taking good care of. I would dry it on a towel, and the hair would dry within a few minutes. I would place it in a storage box in the bathroom.

Unfortunately, there is so much mold in the bathroom that it ended up on my brush. The top of the wood turned all black. I carved off the black with a blade, but it still looked terrible.

I ended up buying another brush. I use the other one for travel now.

Is this a common problem?

I had this happen to other razors. I now store all of my razors, blades and brushes outside of the bathroom.
Ed

User avatar
drmoss_ca
Admin
Posts: 9499
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:39 pm

Post by drmoss_ca » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:01 am

I think I'd be worrying more about my lungs....

In the meantime, don't keep it in a box, and take it out of the bathroom along with your razor.

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace

User avatar
malocchio
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:11 am
Location: richmond calif

for sure

Post by malocchio » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:37 am

drmoss_ca wrote:I think I'd be worrying more about my lungs....

In the meantime, don't keep it in a box, and take it out of the bathroom along with your razor.

Chris
........YES !!! if you have this amount of mold you are in serious trouble...and danger...if you are renting,get out !!! if you own the place you better find the source..you cannot rub your wall with bleach and kill it...it will spread to other areas,it is alive and smart !...mold must be cut out,and new materials put in,along with proper ventilation ...toss that brush out,get a new one and clean it every 30 days with a mar-v-cide bath.....

scruffy
Posts: 448
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 11:24 am
Location: New York, NY

Post by scruffy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:49 am

I will keep my stuff out of the bathroom. I did not think it was normal.

We have an air purifier in the bedroom.

We have been looking for a contractor to redo the bathroom, tear out the walls and replace the tiles. The mold gets all over the tiles, and shower curtain. It has gotten much worse since 911. This city is so toxic; toxic air, toxic water and toxic mold. We would leave in a heartbeat except for the fact that my wife works nearby.

I can not wait till she retires.

Thank you for the replies.
Ed

Post Reply