Simpsons Gary Young Limited Edition M7

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Ok, well, the handle is not as I thought. I thought it a longer handle, like the Polo, and a little more in the curves department. Maybe it holds better, but this looks a bit like an elongated tulip handle. I was thinking that the handle was a little more cylindrical. Thanks for the pics Peter
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

Ill work to get some better pictures up, but i just opened it up and had to take a quick picture.
whitebar

Post by whitebar »

IsaacRN wrote:Image

Ill work to get some better pictures up, but i just opened it up and had to take a quick picture.
Another one with a sticker!
-Stephen
greyhawk

Post by greyhawk »

IsaacRN wrote:Ill work to get some better pictures up, but i just opened it up and had to take a quick picture.
LOL, a quick picture...right after I finish applying this here decal.
Great looking brush!
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

Lovely looking brush. I'd love to own one, but these LE's are far above my price range I fear.

Enjoy that pulchritudinous wee man toy :)
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

The obvious, yet unasked, question is "Where are these decals coming from?". Cannibalized from other brushes?
Ed
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

They can be obtained directly from Vulfix unless that practice has been discontinued. I don't have time to visit their website but the answer may be there.
Regards,
Squire
Gary Young

Post by Gary Young »

Guys

So all in all, was this project a good idea?

Gary
Gary
IsaacRN

Post by IsaacRN »

I have a few water decals from pre Vulfix days.

I have to say I like the brush. The handle is very comfortable, but I too cant see a big difference in hair quality. It reminds me of the Best Badger from the Carter days. Im not necessarily sure it warranted the money I paid, but I do have one :)
LouisIII

Post by LouisIII »

IsaacRN wrote:I have a few water decals from pre Vulfix days.

I have to say I like the brush. The handle is very comfortable, but I too cant see a big difference in hair quality. It reminds me of the Best Badger from the Carter days. Im not necessarily sure it warranted the money I paid, but I do have one :)
Isaac,
Do remember if the Best from the Carter era was marketed as superior to their Super?

Cheers
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Very good idea, hope to see more limited runs.
Regards,
Squire
Janus

Post by Janus »

Squire wrote:Very good idea, hope to see more limited runs.
+ 1. A perfect excuse for me to buy another brush. Absolutely no regrets.
Janus
franz

Post by franz »

Why oh why are you guys defacing your M7s with those decals? :lol:

I hope to see more projects of yours coming through the pipeline, Gary. The rod stock and handle shape you chose for this one are magnificent. You can read the history of Simpson in its lines.
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

Gary, Yes, even though I wasn't in a position to obtain one, I think the project was well worth doing. Special, limited run brushes from the very best makers are always a treat and this one has a great deal of appeal, IMO.
Regards,
Gordon
nathanb

Post by nathanb »

Gary, I'll let you know when I finally get my brush back (hopefully in about another week or so). :cry:
-Nathan
huracan

Post by huracan »

Gary Young wrote:Guys

Gary
nathanb wrote:Gary, I'll let you know when I finally get my brush back (hopefully in about another week or so). Crying or Very sad

I'm patiently waiting for mine to arrive as well. Who I'm I kidding, I can hardly wait. Once it's here I'll let you all know.
Lou
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Love the brush, handle is every thing and more of what I was picturing. Was hoping when Mark made the comment that the hair was going to be the "best he could find from Europe" we would have been instore for a HMW'ish hair, but I love the old best hair so I am tickled with this brush.
Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
badgergramps

Post by badgergramps »

I enjoyed reading all of Peter's comments. The brush would, indeed, look grand in faux ivory. I rushed mine out of the shipping wrap this morning and must say I thoroughly enjoy the brush from the bristles to the ergonomic handle. It IS different and that is what makes the LE's so special. I prefer creams during the summer and this brush, even new, performed great. Can't wait to break it in a bit more. I have my Astor for winter when I prefer to exfoliate more with a two band and hard soaps.
(Along with 15 more Simpsons, a dozen Rooney Finest and 40 other great specimens I've had SBAD for a looooong time!)

Stickers? Yes that's a personal preference and one should have come in the box. Original decals, not just stickers, should be made available.

Gary, I'm sure you are listening, I think Peter is helping you design the next LE.

Oh yes, try the ROVER!

Best Regards,
Ed
gil3591

Post by gil3591 »

Gary Young wrote:Guys

Gary
great looking brush. i would like to see more limited editions. how about a longer loft for a change? how about a 25-26x 58+ mm knot in the polo density?
Gil
futur/EJ357/ gillette redtip
iridium ,blue IP
thater, shavemac.anchorset/tgn,sr3226
dirty bird
and a prayer
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm another one who wasn't able to take advantage of this particular opportunity, but it was obviously a great concept and project. The men and the company behind the project made it a success. Well done!

I'd be eager to participate, if the day should come, in a limited edition with a loft of at least 60mm because I like what some guys call floppy. That's just my preference, and at this stage I wouldn't be a buyer anything less than that.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444