New from Protugal

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
ShadowsDad

New from Protugal

Post by ShadowsDad »

A Semogue 610 boar. 90% tips, 21mm knot, 45mm loft.

It's had a wash, tomorrow will be it's first shave.

Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
SharpSpine

Post by SharpSpine »

It's looks very nice. I look forward to hearing what you think about it as it breaks in. I've always wondered if there is a noticeable difference between the 90% tops vs the others which I think are 75%.
> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Brian I was curious too. That's what prompted me to buy it. My other boar is a Semogue 1438 similar size, 75% tips. I figure in a few months the 610 should be broken in and I'll be able to compare them.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Dave_D

Post by Dave_D »

Very nice, they work as well or better than many brushes that are 3x the price. The 90% tips are smoother than the 75% tips (620s, etc) with a little less backbone, but they still work great.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Thats the one Im suing it right now and I really like it.Next week Ill be using the 820.
slantman

Post by slantman »

Nice brush in particular the handle.
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's a handsome brush. Best of luck with it!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
paddy

Post by paddy »

forgive me if the answer is obvious, but what does the 90% and 75% tips reference mean?
Remember: this is all just wasted time and lives talking nonsense to strangers about pieces of metal, hair and chemical compounds.