Can this brush be saved?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Post by brothers »

On the bright side, I'll have another brush. :shock:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Go ahead and send it Gary, if you don't the question will always linger.
Regards,
Squire
jss

Post by jss »

+ 1 Squire....
brothers

Post by brothers »

The package is off to Germany. I'm hopeful Bernd can reconstruct the knot and install it in a new Shavemac handle for me.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jss

Post by jss »

There ya go!!

Best,
Julian
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Rooney Finest is back! I'm very happy to be able to say the brush came home today. Bernd at Shavemac repaired the faulty glue and installed it in a beautiful new handle. The loft (formerly 29mm x 69mm) now measures 30mm x 63mm. The knot is set a tiny bit deeper in the handle, making the measurement a tiny bit larger due to the obvious fact that the hair tends to flare out as it moves away from the glue plug. The repair process cost only 6mm in the loft. Bernd is a master at his craft, and deserves recognition. The cost was very conservative. I could not be happier. What was almost a complete loss has resulted in two very fine brushes now. The brush now sports an uneven spot in the upper reaches, near the center, to mark the spot where the troublesome shedding started, and took the most toll. I am most happy that the Finest knot was saved to shave again another day. As I've said many times, I'm very fortunate, and the remarkably successful outcome is very humbling. I picked out a new handle (Shavemac #163) that resembles the beautiful Plisson Plexi. Can't wait to lather up and use it again soon. Here's my Rooney/Shavemac Finest!

Gary

MaxP

Post by MaxP »

This is almost a fairy tale ending to a tragic story.

Congrats on the "new" brush. And kudos to master Bernd as well.
Regards,

MaxP

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." - Abraham Lincoln
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Gary, I'm glad to hear about the great resolution to the problem. Bernd definitely does wonderful work. That is a beautifulk RooMac. Let us know how it works.
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
jss

Post by jss »

Gary..We're very happy for you....

Best,
Julian
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi guys. I just finished re-reading all of the threads and posts that were contributed this past spring and summer about the disastrous fall and phoenix-like rise of the mighty Rooney Finest brush from tragedy to victory. I just want to report that for the past 4 months the RF has been in my regular rotation and it is just as amazing as ever with soaps and creams alike. Thanks to you guys for your support and encouragement. Special thanks to Berndt at Shavemac for saving this brush. What's interesting is the only other badger brush I have on the counter doing regular service alongside the Rooney is the big bold Shavemac 220. :D
Gary

brothers

Re: Can this brush be saved?

Post by brothers »

I continue to be in awe of this trusted veteran of a brush. I'm now in a few weeks of fidelity to the AOS Sandalwood Tallow soap, and getting a few kicks using different types of brushes with it. Namely the likes of Plisson, Omega 20106, Omega S, and the very fine EJ STF XL Synthetic. Because this particular Rooney Finest has always performed brilliantly with soaps in particular, I've used it with the AOS. It is still as awesome as ever, out shining them all. Man, what a brush!
Gary