Today I have 3 brush projects to complete

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Post by brothers »

Thank you Peter.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Re: Today I have 3 brush projects to complete

Post by brothers »

After using the red and white Erskine brush infrequently since the restoration,I am pleased that now I've discovered it seems to be best of my brushes for the specific purpose of lathering Castle Forbes shaving creams. My favorite of which is Cedarwood Sandalwood. There's just something about the whole lathering process with these two components that seems exactly perfect. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

After moving from Castle Forbes to Nancy Boy shaving cream, the old red and white Erskine brush has made the transition smoothly, and is beginning to impress me more and more. This is a great example of the Super Silvertip knot from TGN.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Re: the Erskine. I've been using this brush every day, and the Wars needs a lot of brushwork in the bowl to make the great lather. I haven't had a chance to let the brush dry for a few days. Also, maybe because I'm using it so frequently and giving it such a workout, it has shed a few hairs.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The Erskine has become my favorite brush for creams.
Gary