I'm in the mood for a new brush...

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

drmoss_ca wrote:J
Bit like chucking a sausage down a hallway.
Patty or link?
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

I have no idea about distances near Ottawa, but isn't Italian Barber near there? I have no idea if Joe has a brick and mortar shop.

... back to the WeeScot. Yes, once you get it "dialed in" it's one fantastic little brush. It operates far better than it's diminutive size would suggest.

I bought mine when I was in my "travel brush" phase, but I use it in my everyday rotation, and I'm always amazed at how it performs. I even like small brushes and I'm amazed at it. When I show other blade shavers the WeeScot the reaction is almost always identical; disbelief that it performs a useful shave function.

FWIW, the WeeScot is #2 in the series. There is also a "NanoScot" smaller yet again than the WeeScot, and the larger #3 is the Case. At one time I was on the prowl for a NanoScot out of curiousity. If one shows up I'll buy it just to have one in my hands. But I can't see lathering with it since the WeeScot is small enough for me. After having seen and handled a NanoScot I'll sell it since I'm not a collector. The Case is a nice brush too I might add; and very useable.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:Thanks Wendell, but it's much as I thought. I'll take a look in the Imperial Babershop on Slater, but their offering on the web is pretty meager. It will, however, allow me to take a walk on memory lane as I worked for most of the 1970's in an office at the corner of Slater and O'Connor.

As concerns our visit to Ottawa, we're staying at the Westin (on points). We arrive next Wednesday, 8 May, and leave that Sunday. Not long enough in my book, but SWMBO is the planner. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to the visit, as Ottawa is one of our favourite cities. SWMBO and I have talked about moving back, but that would be difficult since all our children and grandchildren live in and around Hogtown. There are times, however, when we both think that a little distance between them and us wouldn't be too bad.
Enjoy your time in the Nation's Capital ...... buds are starting to burst, and in another week, there will be some blooms and flowers.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Ran the Wee Scot with GoldDachs this morning -- great combo for a two-pass shave. As I get more used to it, I am able to produce more and more lather. I find that a quick dip of the tips into the basin of water before the 2nd pass gets some additional lather growth on my face. Still have the musty odor, but it is going away. I figure within a few more shaves it will have disappeared entirely.
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

The more I use my Wee Scot the more I like it. I used it with Trumper's Rose shaving soap this morning and it produced a very acceptable lather; I have not been as fortunate with my Rooney Finest and GFT Rose combo. Like the Simpsons Colonel, it punches way above its weight; a clear case of not judging a book by its cover.
Bryan
jww
Woolly Bully

Re:

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:The more I use my Wee Scot the more I like it. I used it with Trumper's Rose shaving soap this morning and it produced a very acceptable lather;... it punches way above its weight; a clear case of not judging a book by its cover.
This continues to be my experience. I ran the Wee Scot yesterday with MWF and just can't believe how this little mite performs. For a 2-pass shave it's just unbeatable -- and it's such a unique size --- beyond a novelty item - - it just does what it does really, really well.

I suppose I am repeating myself now ..... :D
Wendell

jww
Woolly Bully

Re: I'm in the mood for a new brush...

Post by jww »

Wee Scot and MWF -- it is a sweet match-up, that's all I can tell you.
Wendell

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:Wee Scot and MWF -- it is a sweet match-up, that's all I can tell you.
Wait until you pair up MWF with a BK4...spectacular. :mrgreen:
Bryan
wvbias

Post by wvbias »

MWF and an Omega Bambino go hand
in hand as well.

been using this combination since Monday
of last week.

Starting next week I'm ready to move on though.
I think I'll breakout a well worn puck of Harris
Lavender. I'll keep using the Bambino though.

Terry
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Rufus wrote:Wait until you pair up MWF with a BK4...spectacular.
Yeah, that.
Regards,
Squire