Any boar love here?

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Any boar love here?

Post by Squire »

Good morning Medic, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I keep trying to like boars but it never works out. I picked up an Omega 10066 for a song, but it's another experiment destined for the closet of shame.
Ron
notthesharpest
Assistant Dean SMFU

Post by notthesharpest »

I have a couple of the "standard model" Omega boar brushes - they work well enough for me, not as well as the top-notch badger brushes, but they certainly get the job done and they feel good.

The only brush I've had that did NOT get the job done was a floppy synthetic one.
vferdman

Post by vferdman »

rsp1202 wrote:I keep trying to like boars but it never works out. I picked up an Omega 10066 for a song, but it's another experiment destined for the closet of shame.
I'll take that Omega off your hands for a song ;) I love my B&B Essentials that is very close (on paper) to the 10066. I love those Omega blond boar knots in the 55mm lofts. You would need to spend 4-5 times what that 10066 costs to get anything even close to the feel and performance in badger. Of course, if you just simply do not like the way boars feel and works then price value is irrelevant.
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

vferdman wrote:I'll take that Omega off your hands for a song ;) . . . Of course, if you just simply do not like the way boars feel and works then price value is irrelevant.
Thanks, but I'll keep it around as a reminder for the next time.<sigh>
Ron
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Oh I used one for years without complaint but gave it up when I got my first badger.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

over a year ago I was posting about my Semoque 640 boar. It was new then and I was complaining that I had trouble breaking it in to the point where tips split. Lots of advice about patience and methods but I can verify that mine never got split tips. If that is best then I got the wrong boar. Wish I could post close-ups but I am 83 and now technically challenged. Incidentally, 11 years ago I moved the home theater that I built in my old house to the house I moved into with my new wife. Never have been able to figure out how to attach all the connections that made it work so well in the old place. My son and grandson haven't been able to figure it out either, so I must have been a tech genius at one time. No longer.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Symbolistic

Post by Symbolistic »

I go through phases too. I use badger brushes most of the time, but from time to time I will find myself using boar brushes exclusively for weeks on end. My current favourite boar is an omega 43.
- Luke

Life's too short to waste on bad soaps.