Thater

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
rsp1202

Re: Thater

Post by rsp1202 »

I did ask one of our long-time Continental members if there was anything he could do, since he most definitely had an "in" with certain brushmakers. Unfortunately, that also went nowhere. While I might yet contact the European website that carries the 49125 plexi to see if their shipping restrictions have changed, I find the 4376 plexi handle superior in feel and looks. This "special" brush is never far from mind, and maybe someday things will shake out and it will become a reality. It's also possible I could cave and just order an available 3-band, much as I prefer the 2-. Actually, that's a very tempting thought as of this moment.
Ron
brothers

Post by brothers »

I was thinking the European member could simply take your money, buy it through normal means and forward it to you.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Gary, I didn't want to impose on our comrade, who rarely posts here anymore -- and I'd still prefer the 4376 handle rather than the 49125. In the meanwhile, I'll keep re-reading this thread to build up interest in going 3-band. :)
Ron
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

Very nice brush. I have a similar Thater but I think it must be an older vintage - the handle is a similar shpe but lacks the black region at the top. The letter is cursive on one face of the square handle. It is soft but with enough backbone to do a good job, particularly with creams I find.
Rick
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Since Thater won't see fit to provide a 2-band silvertip for their 4376 handle, another option is to go Gary's route with his Rooney knot and Shavemac plexi handle and have Bernd put together one of his new 2-band silvertips in a 163 handle. He actually already put one together for viewing, and it's pretty nifty. I wish I could jump on it right now, but it's nice to know something like this is available at literally a moment's notice.
Ron